Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Companion closed down when input was enabled
Hello,

Just managed to have the Dev app to communicate with the unit. All I did was config to enable the ethernet i/o on the master. Everything works ok but when trying to use my analogue input on the companion (my only input with exception from the master input) it just acknowledge it for half of a second and then just shuts down the companion??? All other inputs on the master have no problem. When I then chose another input (on the master) the companion starts again!

Any one with a clue to what is going on?

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
(25-Nov-2014, 01:02)Mikeeo Wrote: Hello,

Just managed to have the Dev app to communicate with the unit. All I did was config to enable the ethernet i/o on the master. Everything works ok but when trying to use my analogue input on the companion (my only input with exception from the master input) it just acknowledge it for half of a second and then just shuts down the companion??? All other inputs on the master have no problem. When I then chose another input (on the master) the companion starts again!

/Mike

Hi Mike

this and so many other reports on the forum here regarding issues and or "bug" with the configurator for the dual mono makes me worried as i am about to receive my companion (upgrading from D200 to D400).

Seriously Devialet should address all those issues as soon as possible. i mean this is not one would expect from Devialet with all their innovative tech and earlier flawless implementation of their innovation.
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(25-Nov-2014, 06:25)amabrok Wrote:

/Mike

Hi Mike

this and so many other reports on the forum here regarding issues and or "bug" with the configurator for the dual mono makes me worried as i am about to receive my companion (upgrading from D200 to D400).

Seriously Devialet should address all those issues as soon as possible. i mean this is not one would expect from Devialet with all their innovative tech and earlier flawless implementation of their innovation.

I agree of course! But I also have an understanding for that this complex gear takes time to get right BUT I as customer is not happy to be a testbed for the company and as such I can't really accept that nothing is given to the customers except what we already paid for.
Well this is the first software glitch I've had so far. I'll try to get to the botom with it or I'll be calling Thierry.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
(25-Nov-2014, 12:01)Mikeeo Wrote:
(25-Nov-2014, 06:25)amabrok Wrote:

/Mike

Hi Mike

I agree of course! But I also have an understanding for that this complex gear takes time to get right BUT I as customer is not happy to be a testbed for the company and as such I can't really accept that nothing is given to the customers except what we already paid for.
Well this is the first software glitch I've had so far. I'll try to get to the botom with it or I'll be calling Thierry.

/Mike

Please keep us posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
I have experienced exactly this issue. (you should be able to find historic posts on this subject in the “Slave inputs” thread, and elsewhere) I have sent a number of queries to Devialet, and even spoke to Thierry in person. I received a number of suggestions from Devialet, none of which worked, and then ultimately received a correspondence from Devialet advising that there is indeed a bug in the dual mono configurator that they were working on to fix. My last query to Devialet on the subject remains "open".

It might actually be interesting to send a query to Devialet and see if they revert directly by admitting that they have an issue with the Configutator, or maybe we each get two or three delaying responses first before an admission that Devialet are not perfect.

I am assured that they are working on a solution. However, I first raised this issue about three months ago and still no solution, I would have thought that this would be a relatively easy fix?

To be honest, I had more or less forgotten about this one! Although, I do have a nice CD player sat on my rack, but not actually connected to anything, while I wait for Devialet to sort this one out!
(25-Nov-2014, 15:47)Confused Wrote: I have experienced exactly this issue. (you should be able to find historic posts on this subject in the “Slave inputs” thread, and elsewhere) I have sent a number of queries to Devialet, and even spoke to Thierry in person. I received a number of suggestions from Devialet, none of which worked, and then ultimately received a correspondence from Devialet advising that there is indeed a bug in the dual mono configurator that they were working on to fix. My last query to Devialet on the subject remains "open".

It might actually be interesting to send a query to Devialet and see if they revert directly by admitting that they have an issue with the Configutator, or maybe we each get two or three delaying responses first before an admission that Devialet are not perfect.

I am assured that they are working on a solution. However, I first raised this issue about three months ago and still no solution, I would have thought that this would be a relatively easy fix?

To be honest, I had more or less forgotten about this one! Although, I do have a nice CD player sat on my rack, but not actually connected to anything, while I wait for Devialet to sort this one out!

Dear Confucius,

Well good to hear that I am not alone! I really would like that analogue input to work, as I run the analogue 2CH music out signal from the Oppo player which I found better than the digital one as suggested by kind spirits here on the forum.
How on earth can such a simple change like enabling the ethernet input on the master create this bug??? Even more strange, companion sees the input but then closes down the unit.

Tired/Mike
Mike - have you sent a query to Devialet? It would be interesting to know what their current response is.
(26-Nov-2014, 12:09)Confused Wrote: Mike - have you sent a query to Devialet? It would be interesting to know what their current response is.

Conf,

Not yet and I am not sure I will as I already worn out one keyboard writing to them... Wink

I'll give them notice/Mike