Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
External DAC
So, I was wondering how many of you out there are using an external DAC to bring music into your Devialet?

I know this is an odd question since a big part of the reason that you buy a Devialet is because it has it's own DAC.

But I also know that I have seen and heard of people doing just that.

But I haven't heard of it on this forum. Anybody on this forum going this route?

If so, which DAC? 

A/B listening impressions?

Is it worth it even though the Devialet DAC's the input anyway?

As I said, just wondering if it is a "thing"....
DELL Win 7 PC running Foobar2000+Fidelizer+JPLAY > Wireworld Starlight ETH Cat 8 > SOtM ISO-Cat 6 > Wireworld Platinum Starlight ETH Cat 8 > Devialet 130 Expert Pro > High Fidelity Cables Reveal speaker cables > Custom built 10" cabinets...(for now)
I believe very few on this forum use a separate DAC with their Experts. The DAC in the Devialet has very optimised working conditions an performs extremely well. It is an integrated part of the design. Signal from an external DAC would pass through an ADC on its way in and through the DAC before entering the ADH stage so it would be rather pointless. It is a very transparent AD/DA so I would not completely write it off, but one must like the 'colour' of the external DAC very much to do it.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
FWIW - if I came to the decision to use an external DAC with my Devialet, that would probably result in my selling my Devialet. As @ogs mentioned, it is an integral part of the design. Just my two cents.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US