Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to vertically biamp
Hiya all
I want to vertically Bi amp my Vivid Audio Giya G1's

They have 2 separate crossovers , 1 for the side firing woofers and 1 for the rest of the drivers

I am using a D premier where I have selected 2 of the RCA's to be stereo pre outs.

I am intending to use the Devialet on the midbass/mid/treble drivers and either a Rotel Class D 250w amp or a Crown CDi 4000 (650w/chan) on the woofer channel.

The 2woofers cross over at circa 220 hz....

I can change the relative level of the sub/pre out to match the devialets gain on the other amps.

I am not sure however as to what to set my cross over at?
Thing is , there is already a passive cross over for both the "channels" I am wanting to amplify.
Is it best to low pass the sub output and high pass the devialets speaker output or to just leave both at full bandwidth and let the passive crossovers deal with it?
I intend to use some DSP bass control/correction on only the bass channel ... reason for biamping is I want the output from the devialet to mids etc to be totally "clean: of any DSP.

Some of my DSP boxes have digital input .. I see there is there a way of defining a RCA as a variable digital output ..
BUT it seems if you do this , you have to use the pre/sub outputs to do so , requires a config change.

Can one use the line inputs of Phono or any other RCAs to do so.

IE I want 2 chans of variable analog output AND one RCA to give me variable digital output... I cant see how to do this in the configurator as it seems that Digital out is only available from one of the analog out RCA's
Any Ideas?
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room