Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darko on active speakers
I’m actually really tempted by the kii 3. But I wouldn’t even demo them unless they sorted out that hideous wired remote control. It’s crying out for the current one being turned into a combo of an ‘input box’ and a beautiful wireless remote. And by beautiful I don’t mean designed after a Wacom tablet circa 1990.
I hear they sound amazing and I’d gladly go active but couldn’t live with that setup and it makes me think if that got to market they’re on a different design aesthetic to me. I don’t particularly like the look of the speakers but bar a few notable exceptions I think most are pretty ugly.

I agree with a few of the Phantom comments. After a pioneering initial design, everything since has been milking that cow with iterations to sell new models and while I’m sure there are improvements - much like the Pros - it’s iterative rather than groundbreaking and they still have underlying problems and limitations that should have been long dealt with by now.

That said I’ve no idea if The kii 3 has regular bug free software updates, but I’d research that first that’s for sure. Roonready would be a big lure too.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

The Kii Control has an IR receiver allowing the main functions like volume, source and mute to be remote controlled via your IR Remote (RC5 type or Apple Remote). So you can park it out of the way and not be bothered by its looks (which I quite like).
Kii subs are 15.000,00 Euro/pair. Kii Tree with subs/ pair 26.000,00 Euros...........to much for the excited over all results.

Cheers

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk