Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No internet for Dialog
I just want to add to the immense knowledge here. Apologies if this has already been dealt with.

Over the weekend, a friend wanted to use my phantoms for a party. The venue had no internet connection. This presented me 2 problems:
1. setting up dialog+ 2 phantoms without cable internet
2. streaming Spotify  music to dialog without internet.

All I had was my mobile phone hotspot, a Windows laptop and iPad (for spotify and Spark)

Solution:

I connected the laptop to the hotspot. Then from the control panel I opened "network and sharing center"(For Windows 10 at this point click on "change adapter settings"). This brought up "ethernet" and "WiFi". I highlighted both icons and bridged them.

This enabled internet connection through the ethernet port of the laptop which was connected to the dialog. 
I also linked the iPad to the mobile hotspot and was able to setup the phantoms from it. And also streamed music Via Airplay.

The ipad was passed around for people to cue their favourite songs and few minutes later the venue was like a club.

Please, let me know if there was a better way to have done it.
You can also just plug in a router (internet connection is not needed) and use it to build up your network.