Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Dialog power req.
Using a simple energy meter I have measured the energy requirement of my two Phantom Gold and Dialog. When idle it was 50W (1,2 kwh/24h) for the three units, only Dialog it was only 12W. When in use, playing at moderate sound levels it was between 80-120W. The stand-by requirement is to high I think, I dont like that the units are so warm. 1,2 kwh per 24 h is 20% of the total requirement of my house in the summer season. What is the best way to power the units of? Anyone else who have done similar measurements?
Anders
Hei Anders,

Totally agree, and I suspect Devialet are going to do something about this in the near future.

Here is what I did:
I have 7 Phantoms in my apartment, so I bought 5 Elgato Eve Power outlets. Configured it in HomeKit, then added 4 HUE Dimmer remotes. Now I have a wall to turn on/off the Phantoms (as well as control the lights,tv, roller shades and robot vacuum). I could also add a automation to turn them automatically off after a certain time, but my listening patterns are all from 5min to 3 hours, to I prefer to turn the speakers off by using the remote.

I works well, and it cuts my electricity bill by quite a bit.
Hi Anders,

Alternatively, you can also press and hold the button on the back of each Phantom, until the unit powers off. The boomers will move and you will hear a sound when done. Just press once on the same button to power them back on. However, things are different for Dialog, you have to unplug it manually, or switch off mains.

Hope it helps!
I have my phantoms and dialog plugged in the same power strip. I turn them on or off from a single switch when I need to listen or done listening. I have done so for the last 1 and 1/2 years.
(12-May-2018, 12:36)Donny Wrote: I have my phantoms and dialog plugged in the same power strip. I turn them on or off from a single switch when I need to listen or done listening. I have done so for the last 1 and 1/2 years.

@Donny, the same here (from the beginning) simple and usefull. Power-on/ready in just about a minute.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
(12-May-2018, 12:36)Donny Wrote: I have my phantoms and dialog plugged in the same power strip. I turn them on or off from a single switch when I need to listen or done listening. I have done so for the last 1 and 1/2 years.

Does it have any impact on the Phantoms? Isn't it bad to just cut off the power?
I have had mine for about 78 weeks and play averagely 3 times a week. That makes about 234 ONs and 234 OFFs from the wall switch. Same way I have put my TV off from the wall, only this time far more than 78 weeks.
(11-May-2018, 18:02)Åhydr Wrote: Hei Anders,

Totally agree, and I suspect Devialet are going to do something about this in the near future.

Here is what I did:
I have 7 Phantoms in my apartment, so I bought 5 Elgato Eve Power outlets. Configured it in HomeKit, then added 4 HUE Dimmer remotes. Now I have a wall to turn on/off the Phantoms (as well as control the lights,tv, roller shades and robot vacuum). I could also add a automation to turn them automatically off after a certain time, but my listening patterns are all from 5min to 3 hours, to I prefer to turn the speakers off by using the remote.

I works well, and it cuts my electricity bill by quite a bit.

Dear all, thanks for the respons. I have now connected the units to my home system (Telldus) so I can easily switch the power on and off, seems to work very well, the electricity bill will also go down. However I hope we soon will see an update of the firmware!
Thanks 
/Anders
Idunno, the phantoms used to be cooler but also noisy during "standby". When the noise went away, the heat and power draw went up...
(14-May-2018, 21:00)Deezel Wrote: Idunno, the phantoms used to be cooler but also noisy during "standby". When the noise went away, the heat and power draw went up...

What I have learned is that it is perfectyly ok to just turn the Phantoms off (and later on), saving the electricity bill without harming the Phantom set-up, I can live with that, no problems with noise or so...But a firmware stand-by mode would be even better.
Regards / Anders