Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roon 1.5 is out!
Hey guys

Roon labs just announced Roon 1.5

http://blog.roonlabs.com/roon-1-5-is-here/#more-588

The three main new features are:

1- Better understanding and integration of Roon ready/capable hardware with better integration and sort of automatic setup from Roon database

2- Good news for Linn owners. Now Linn released a new firmware to play with Roon

3- MQA is now on (albeit a debatable format/audio package but nevertheless another feature added to tbe list of the things that Roon does skilfully)

Enjoy

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
Should Devialet owners be excited? Anyone had installed 1.5 and feedback please?
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E
It works fine, no problems. Actually I think the new feature I like most is the new way it deals with multiple versions of the same disc. Cleans disc lists up a lot and also we can now distinguish between MQA and non-MQA versions on Tidal because they are now identified as such.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
(12-May-2018, 12:36)tategoi Wrote: Should Devialet owners be excited? Anyone had installed 1.5 and feedback please?

I wouldn't say excited, but I installed it a few days ago. As always with Roon, the installation was flawless, and everything worked as it should. I like the new way they handle album versions. I haven't noticed any change in SQ but I haven't done any serious listening yet, and nor have I explored the MQA side of things. I can confirm that for me, RoonAIR works perfectly, as it always has done.

I won't be getting excited until Devialet finally stop fudging around with beta software, and release a version that will let me upgrade my O d'A to CI without the fear of losing half of the features in the process. Amateurs.
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
1.5 is definitely a good step forward, unlike some companies, Roon is usually a safe bet to just update as soon as it’s available, even when there is the odd bug they usually fix it very quickly.

If you have Tidal then MQA is nice to have and I think it sounds better than CD quality, agree that the versions tab is great, nicely tidied the albums I have a few versions of.

I’m now struggling to see what they can do to make it better other than a mobile version with download capability.
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii