Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can iPhones control hi res streamed music?
Can i use my iPhone 8 with TidalHiFi to play Hi Res music through my phantoms?

Some people say you need a Samsung S8/S9 or other device, but are they just talking about playing their own music stored on the phone in Hi Def?
(16-May-2018, 08:35)brandtashley Wrote: Can i use my iPhone 8 with TidalHiFi to play Hi Res music through my phantoms?

Some people say you need a Samsung S8/S9 or other device, but are they just talking about playing their own music stored on the phone in Hi Def?

Yes. I do it all the time from my iphone
I also stream Tidal from my iphone using the Saprk app.
(16-May-2018, 20:01)Rodrat2 Wrote: I also stream Tidal from my iphone using the Saprk app.

Do you have to use the Spark app to get the hi def? Or can you use the native Tidal app? Thanks
I suppose you could use bluetooth but that would defeat the object. I don’t think you can stream via the native Tidal app.
(16-May-2018, 21:38)brandtashley Wrote:
(16-May-2018, 20:01)Rodrat2 Wrote: I also stream Tidal from my iphone using the Saprk app.

Do you have to use the Spark app to get the hi def? Or can you use the native Tidal app? Thanks

You can use AirPlay from the Tidal app

Not sure what the limitations of airplay are - but I bet you couldn’t tell the difference in a blind test between what it sends, and the full resolution 

Still - someone told me WiFi is better (it’s certainly more stable) so I tend to use the Tidal app for navigating music..... then I just search and play via WiFi in Spark Smile