Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HD tracks
Hello.

I have been using it for years, always with PayPal. There have been one album I could not download (Lana Del Rey)

But with HOLA I was able to do it (search the net for Hola, it is a plugin to your browser)

Kind regards Morten
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark
(01-Dec-2014, 11:58)Morten Wrote: Hello.

I have been using it for years, always with PayPal. There have been one album I could not download (Lana Del Rey)

But with HOLA I was able to do it (search the net for Hola, it is a plugin to your browser)

Kind regards Morten

Hi,

Yes I know utilize a system that generates an US ip address. Works a charm!

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
It's a shame that HD Tracks' prices outside the US are so high. If they set their prices at a fair level then people wouldn't have to try to circumvent their security systems.

Qobuz undercut them on price on almost everything and I've heard no complaints about the quality of Qobuz's downloads whereas I've heard a lot of complaints about HD Tracks.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
Well,

I managed to get it going and buying all the 'restricted' albums I wanted this time. 440 USD trusted in digital files.

Last comment makes me a bit worried however the previous files I was allowed to download has been superb.

Mike

(01-Dec-2014, 15:49)PhilP Wrote: It's a shame that HD Tracks' prices outside the US are so high. If they set their prices at a fair level then people wouldn't have to try to circumvent their security systems.

Qobuz undercut them on price on almost everything and I've heard no complaints about the quality of Qobuz's downloads whereas I've heard a lot of complaints about HD Tracks.

Just checked Qobus out! Wow so much, would have found everything there as well.

Thanks for the suggestion/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
(02-Dec-2014, 02:41)Mikeeo Wrote: Well,

I managed to get it going and buying all the 'restricted' albums I wanted this time. 440 USD trusted in digital files.

Last comment makes me a bit worried however the previous files I was allowed to download has been superb.

Mike

(01-Dec-2014, 15:49)PhilP Wrote: It's a shame that HD Tracks' prices outside the US are so high. If they set their prices at a fair level then people wouldn't have to try to circumvent their security systems.

Glad it worked out for you Mike.

For me qobuz is now my first stop when shopping for hi res downloads (selection is big enough, quality is excellent, prices are competitive and sometimes they run offers like now buy 3 and get 1 free)

Now if I can't find what I'm looking for on qobuz, then I check HDTracks. Also I tried Naim Lable and Linn Records (by the way is running a promotion as well to download one free hi res song everyday until Christmas) both of them have excellent quality but relatively limited catalog.
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(02-Dec-2014, 08:50)amabrok Wrote:
(02-Dec-2014, 02:41)Mikeeo Wrote: Well,

Mike

Glad it worked out for you Mike.

For me qobuz is now my first stop when shopping for hi res downloads (selection is big enough, quality is excellent, prices are competitive and sometimes they run offers like now buy 3 and get 1 free)

Now if I can't find what I'm looking for on qobuz, then I check HDTracks. Also I tried Naim Lable and Linn Records (by the way is running a promotion as well to download one free hi res song everyday until Christmas) both of them have excellent quality but relatively limited catalog.

Thanks!

Well it seem to be a problem with Qobuz as well as I am in Sweden however my newfound ip 'scrambler' works a treat there as well. Considering the vastly superior catalogue I will for sure first stop there too.
I use a program called TunnelBear which gives you the possibility to chose from which country you're stationed. Though the program have limited bandwidth but it is enough to pick and pay your titles and then switch off for faster download. For me who is a zero knowledge computer guy this is magic Wink.

/Mike

By the way, are there members here that download in WAV format? I started doing that but it takes such memo space I had to switch to FLAC, which by the way is much easier to handle.

/Mike

Philip,

Could you elaborate on the comments concerning quality of the HD tracks downloads. Is it sound quality in terms that they don't deliver the promised formats or is it the handling of the downloads, or...?

Kindly/Mike
(02-Dec-2014, 10:10)Mikeeo Wrote: Thanks!

Well it seem to be a problem with Qobuz as well as I am in Sweden however my newfound ip 'scrambler' works a treat there as well. Considering the vastly superior catalogue I will for sure first stop there too.
I use a program called TunnelBear which gives you the possibility to chose from which country you're stationed. Though the program have limited bandwidth but it is enough to pick and pay your titles and then switch off for faster download. For me who is a zero knowledge computer guy this is magic Wink.

/Mike

By the way, are there members here that download in WAV format? I started doing that but it takes such memo space I had to switch to FLAC, which by the way is much easier to handle.

/Mike

Way to go Mike. one of the perks you get from being an audiophile is improving IT abilities Smile

For me, armed with Ironsocket (VPN provider), Paypal (Payment service), USUnlocked (Virtual credit card service) and ShopnShip (PO Box address provider) I can virtually be anywhere in the world Smile I simply transform into a stationary traveller which by the way reminds me of the excellent instrumental track "Stationary Traveller" by Camel

[Image: 518jVGbg9AL._SS280.jpg]
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis

Dubai, UAE
(02-Dec-2014, 10:24)amabrok Wrote:
(02-Dec-2014, 10:10)Mikeeo Wrote: Thanks!

/Mike

/Mike

Way to go Mike. one of the perks you get from being an audiophile is improving IT abilities Smile

For me, armed with Ironsocket (VPN provider), Paypal (Payment service), USUnlocked (Virtual credit card service) and ShopnShip (PO Box address provider) I can virtually be anywhere in the world Smile I simply transform into a stationary traveller which by the way reminds me of the excellent instrumental track "Stationary Traveller" by Camel

[Image: 518jVGbg9AL._SS280.jpg]
Hi,

You're way beyond in this area however I absorb every little info, like above, that make audio life easier.

Cheers/Mike

Philip,

I just run a comparison between my ripped WAV 44/16 bit version of Norah Jones/Come away with me and the recently purchased dito from HD tracks FLAC 192/24. And the difference is big and in favor of the 16 bit WAV. The hi res sounds muddled, undynamic and tired. What is going on here? Hi res is streamed through usb input on my unitiserve and the 16 bit rip is on its hard disc.

Someone else here with this experience?

/Mike
Hi,

The sad story continues. Some of my HD tracks files will not even be recognized by my unitiserve ie some 96/24 files will not be seen but others plays without a problem?

It also hits me know that my unitiserve can't handle 176/24 from which format I downloaded plenty of titles. Can these files be converted to some other format from its current 176/24 FLAC format?
Remember I totally suck at this digital world and right now want to just run my vinyls.

Has there been many issues with corrupted files from HD track?

/Mike

Hi,

Update!

My unitiserve can play all formats! Conclusion, 6 of my 18 albums downloaded can't be played despite I can see them on my storage medium ie the non-playable files are corrupted.
Someone on this forum told that this could happen.

I've send HD tracks an e-mail about this, let's see what their response will be as I asked for a re-down load.

/Mike
(03-Dec-2014, 00:46)Mikeeo Wrote: Hi,

The sad story continues. Some of my HD tracks files will not even be recognized by my unitiserve ie some 96/24 files will not be seen but others plays without a problem?

It also hits me know that my unitiserve can't handle 176/24 from which format I downloaded plenty of titles. Can these files be converted to some other format from its current 176/24 FLAC format?
Remember I totally suck at this digital world and right now want to just run my vinyls.

Has there been many issues with corrupted files from HD track?

/Mike

Hi,

Update!

My unitiserve can play all formats! Conclusion, 6 of my 18 albums downloaded can't be played despite I can see them on my storage medium ie the non-playable files are corrupted.
Someone on this forum told that this could happen.

I've send HD tracks an e-mail about this, let's see what their response will be as I asked for a re-down load.

/Mike
This is bad Mike! HDTracks sell quality and I suppose it is a big problem on their part to serve corrupted files or files with inflated resolutions!

Let's know how they respond.

Back to your question though you don't need to do it now, the answer is yes, you can decode let's say a flac file 24/192 down to any lower bit depth (16 or even lower though it will render the file somehow useless) and to any lower sample rate (all the way down to 44.1 khz) to meet the limitations of any player / Streamer you want to use.

Dubai, UAE