Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet another Dual Mono Configuration Glitch!
(13-Dec-2014, 13:09)amabrok Wrote:
(13-Dec-2014, 12:51)Mikeeo Wrote: ..and it continues...

I just wanted to make a new config for the arrival of the Raidho X1 AND, once SAM is chosen it can't be reversed, why? After having the SAM enabled it is no longer possible to configure the remote or the 'basic' settings, why?
I am not sure but I think others had the same issue. Is there a way around this? What will the remote settings be if SAM is chosen?

Keep on smiling/Mike
Mike you can reverse SAM profile to none by clicking on the speaker which is already selected in the configurator. This way it acts like a toggle and will set SAM to none

Great! Many thanks! I start to believe that we should claim reimbursements from Devialet for doing there job.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
(13-Dec-2014, 22:21)Mikeeo Wrote: Great! Many thanks! I start to believe that we should claim reimbursements from Devialet for doing there job.

/Mike

You are welcome Smile

I guess Devialet should and can repay us all by being active here on the forum and listen to our issues, suggestions and aspirations and act accordingly
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(12-Dec-2014, 20:54)adhesiv Wrote: Being new here I apologize if it's obvious but who is the "owner" of this forum? Could they reach out to Devialet and make a suggestion to have someone log in from time to time...maybe once a week and dedicate a special subforum to questions for them?

As far as I understand Devialet are very aware of this forum and what gets discussed in here. Smile

Regarding Devialet actually participating in this forum, this has been suggested to them by myself and others on more than one occasion. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

I would love nothing more than to host an "ask a Devialet engineer" Q&A session on here. Check this out for instance:

http://forums.linn.co.uk/bb/showthread.php?tid=28170

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
That would be great. And that is actually a smart thing they should do. It is long over due I guess
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis

Dubai, UAE
(14-Dec-2014, 13:23)amabrok Wrote: That would be great. And that is actually a smart thing they should do. It is long over due I guess

They should do it but they seem disinterested. Even if they did it and said "use ordinary signal and power cables" and "burn in is unnecessary" and "RCA/XLR or RCA/RCA makes no difference" it would help.

But in the last year their record is poor: the configurator for their flagship product does not work; and their flagship digital interface AIR does not work either.

And their communication on progress in either area is minimal. Very regrettable. Maybe they have become interested in more cash generative issues.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Following my configurator issues yesterday (see master/slave link thread) I sent a query to Devialet regarding the ongoing issues with the online configurator. I received a response today, it was fairly apologetic and they made it clear that they, and their management, are aware of the issue. Unfortunately, they could not offer any schedule or time frame in which these problems are likely to be resolved.

One thing I was wondering. For me, I can go into the configurator make changes, update the SD cards, no problem. However, it is with specific things like trying to get companion inputs to work and trying to switch to the SPDIF to AES/EBU master / companion link that are problematic. Other users have posted about other specific issues on this forum.

However, some people claim to be able to use the configurator for dual mono without any issues. I wonder if this is due to differences in operating systems / web browsers, or simply a difference in what specific users are trying to set up.

For myself, I am using a Windows 8.1 PC, and get identical Configurator issues if I use Internet Explorer or Chrome. For those who have no problems with the dual mono Configurator, have you set up companion inputs or the AES/EBU link, what operating system / browser are you using? (Mac user?)
(15-Dec-2014, 12:55)Confused Wrote: I wonder if this is due to differences in operating systems / web browsers, or simply a difference in what specific users are trying to set up.

what operating system / browser are you using? (Mac user?)

I thought maybe OS/Browser might be contributing to the glitches i faced. I am a MAC/Chrome user primarily. So i Tried MAC/Safari, Windows 8/Chrome and Windows 8/IE and same issues occurred again. of course this can not be conclusive but I am more inclined that it is OS/Browser neutral.

My guess that the code for the configurator might be written in HTML or Java, these are neutral programming languages that are OS/Browser independent

Dubai, UAE
I am using Windows 7 and Chrome. I select D800 and then work on the Master from left to right, selecting my options, since some of them disappear when the AES/EBU is selected at the link input on the Companion. I then save the files directly to folders on my PC, having a folder named to indicate what the config is, and subfolders for Master and Companion. I save the master file first by right click, save link as, then go to my selected master subfolder. I then hit the back arrow on the browser and save the companion file to its folder in a similar way. Sometimes the graphics are corrupted, but the file always seems to save OK. Of course it sometimes saves as as a version (1) for the companion, but I correct that manually. Then I copy to well labelled SD cards from my folders. I then power both amps off at the wall, insert the cards and plug in again, so that both come up at the same time on the new config.

I have used this to create a master/companion linked by RCA with one digital input enabled on the companion, plus one with the link to the AES/EBU on the companion. Both worked first time, and gave me what I had selected.
(15-Dec-2014, 00:57)IanG-UK Wrote:
(14-Dec-2014, 13:23)amabrok Wrote: That would be great. And that is actually a smart thing they should do. It is long over due I guess

They should do it but they seem disinterested. Even if they did it and said "use ordinary signal and power cables" and "burn in is unnecessary" and "RCA/XLR or RCA/RCA makes no difference" it would help.

But in the last year their record is poor: the configurator for their flagship product does not work; and their flagship digital interface AIR does not work either.

And their communication on progress in either area is minimal. Very regrettable. Maybe they have become interested in more cash generative issues.

Ian, I second that as there is no doubt that this is the case. Talked to my dealer last week and the Devialet units he gets in just sits there for some hours and then get sold or borrowed home and then sold. These sales are his bread and butter at the moment. This is a dealer in a small southern town in Sweden and Sweden with 'only' 9 million inhabitants and still these units are flying out of the door. Oh yes, they are busy selling like never before. Being products not that low priced I as a customer demand better backup and reliability.
I climbed on this wagon about one year ago and in this time customer service has dropped and the faults have increased.

Still remains, a fantastic product... with current crap support/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
Another glitch surfaced!!!

when i turn on the D400 using mobile app, the D400 initiates start up sequence then right before showing the -40 db volume level indicator it turns off!!! and then the only way to start the system up is via the physical remote.

this is not consistent though, sometimes it occurs and other times it simply doesn't!

any of you guys saw/faced that?

Dubai, UAE