Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Additional Speakers
New to the forum...thinking of buying the Devialet 200 system, and was wondering if it is possible to connect a speaker switch box (Bryston 6 way switcher) to the Devialet to power speakers in other rooms??
Hi Doug, welcome to this forum. Personally I can't think of any reason why a switch box shouldn't work although I am not completely sure. I do know that the Devialet doesn't have its speaker outputs floating at half supply voltage like many class D amplifiers which I suppose could cause problems.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(03-Dec-2014, 15:39)DougD Wrote: New to the forum...thinking of buying the Devialet 200 system, and was wondering if it is possible to connect a speaker switch box (Bryston 6 way switcher) to the Devialet to power speakers in other rooms??

Hello DougD, wellcome to the Devialet chat!

I assume this is the model we are talking about? In this case you would send the full power to the switch box, I guess?

[Image: L_2.gif]

I do think that should be possible, yess. However you should not use to much speakers sets in parallel mode, I guess. This would also be depending on the load (4 Ohm or 8 Ohm) the connected speakers do ask.

You might consider the possibility of using the pre-amp function of the amp. This would be possible as well. In the online configurator it's possible to set up a pre-amp function. In this case you can send the pre-amp signal to another amp in another room, without the need for a switch. Although you wouldn't get the full quality of the hybrid amp of the Devialet 200.

ChM
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
Hey thanks for the comments/suggestions...I am thrilled to be able to ask and receive quality answers from real users of the Devialet systems. Yes that is the speaker switch box I was thinking about buying...alternative suggestions??

I like the idea of using the pre-amp function for the speakers in other rooms, which would allow me to have one set of dedicated speakers connected to the 200, if I am reading your suggestion properly.

I am very open to any other way of doing this, if anyone has already figured this out...

Cheers
DougD

(03-Dec-2014, 17:11)Charlemagne Wrote:
(03-Dec-2014, 15:39)DougD Wrote: New to the forum...thinking of buying the Devialet 200 system, and was wondering if it is possible to connect a speaker switch box (Bryston 6 way switcher) to the Devialet to power speakers in other rooms??

Hello DougD, wellcome to the Devialet chat!

I assume this is the model we are talking about? In this case you would send the full power to the switch box, I guess?

[Image: L_2.gif]

I do think that should be possible, yess. However you should not use to much speakers sets in parallel mode, I guess. This would also be depending on the load (4 Ohm or 8 Ohm) the connected speakers do ask.

You might consider the possibility of using the pre-amp function of the amp. This would be possible as well. In the online configurator it's possible to set up a pre-amp function. In this case you can send the pre-amp signal to another amp in another room, without the need for a switch. Although you wouldn't get the full quality of the hybrid amp of the Devialet 200.

ChM

Hey thanks for the comments/suggestions...I am thrilled to be able to ask and receive quality answers from real users of the Devialet systems. Yes that is the speaker switch box I was thinking about buying...alternative suggestions??

I like the idea of using the pre-amp function for the speakers in other rooms, which would allow me to have one set of dedicated speakers connected to the 200, if I am reading your suggestion properly.

I am very open to any other way of doing this, if anyone has already figured this out...

Cheers
DougD
There's a guy over on the PFM forum who has a D200 driving a pair of passive speakers in one room and a pair of huge ATC actives in another via the 200's pre-outs. (He says he prefers listening to the passive speakers!) It's quite a neat set-up. Because the Dev remote doesn't need a line of sight to to the Dev, in some circumstances the remote can operate the volume even if the Dev itself is in another room.

Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
Nice to see this question and thread. I have speakers in the living room, and a pair of B+W in-wall speakers in the kitchen. I'm using a QED speaker switching box. It apparently maintains the resistance whether one or both pairs of speakers are on. The mate says that the ability to have speaker switching is essential for her, and since the pending Devialet purchase is already a stress on the budget and marriage, I'm working to accommodate this demand... er, request.

The Bryston looks good; I wish they made a two-pair version, but I'd expect this to be of very good quality.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
Ah, just googlized it, and I see that they do. I wish the inputs and speaker connections were horizontal and would accept banana plugs. The stacked connections that are so close together make it really difficult to get relatively stiff cable, with big connectors, attached and neatly arranged.

Any other thoughts or product suggestions?
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada