Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Built-in Brown Noise Generator
Hello guys

I was wondering how to use Devialet's built-in brown noise generator to run in speaker?

In the online configurator I have activated it in the settings, but I can't seem to find a way to select it as a source or start it!

thanks
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
It should be just another source, should be activated when you toggle through the sources from your remote...
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey
(05-Dec-2014, 16:12)Kunter Wrote: It should be just another source, should be activated when you toggle through the sources from your remote...

thanks Kunter

actually this is what i expected, but no, it is not there as one of the input sources! could this be another dual mono gonfigurator glitch?!!!!

Update!

indeed it is there as one of the input sources from the physical remote but not from the Devialet app where i have initially tried to locate it
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis

Dubai, UAE
Another glitch discovered with dual mono D400 !

Now I use the physical remote to select the brown noise as source but then noise comes out on the left channel only (master side) and absolute silence from the right channel (slave side).

Of course when I change the source and play music both channels play fine!

Any of you guys faced this before?

Dubai, UAE
(06-Dec-2014, 20:41)amabrok Wrote: Another glitch discovered with dual mono D400 !

Now I use the physical remote to select the brown noise as source but then noise comes out on the left channel only (master side)  and absolute silence from the right channel (slave side).

xlrxlr 

Same thing happens here! Anyone care to comment?
I was thinking maybe I should let the Devialet's supplied brown noise generator run while at work? Any new speaker owners using it to help break them in?
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

I turned on the Brown Noise in my Configurator, but it only introduced a bug to my D-Premiers.

When I cycle through the sources on the remote, when it get's to Brown Noise it shuts down both units (as if I'd turned them off). I've tried several times and it just can't get by the Brown Noise source either (it plays the Brown Noise for a split second then turns the units off).

I've switched the Brown Noise off on configurator and all working ok again, but don't know what the bug is.
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
(31-Jan-2015, 14:33)xlrxlr Wrote:
(06-Dec-2014, 20:41)amabrok Wrote: Another glitch discovered with dual mono D400 !

Now I use the physical remote to select the brown noise as source but then noise comes out on the left channel only (master side)  and absolute silence from the right channel (slave side).

xlrxlr 

Same thing happens here! Anyone care to comment?

Just upgraded to the 400 and have found this issue still exists (June 2016). RCA to RCA shared inputs on. Only the left Channel. I assume it must be an oversight by DEVIALET. No way to turn it on for the Companion Unit in the configurator. Must be defeated like the Wifi or ability to use the remote with it if used as Master.....too bad. Great way to run in speakers and speaker cables. Easy enough to revert to the 200 for those purposes still surprised you would have to do it.