Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fredrik's system.
Sold my Focal Electra so now starts the search for new speakers. I have a strong feling what I will get but time will tell
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Good luck in your search.
What will you do in the mean time for speakers?
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
(05-Mar-2016, 12:11)Eddye Wrote: Good luck in your search.
What will you do in the mean time for speakers?

I have an old JBL floorstander that I will use but they are not sounding so good but atleast I can listen to music.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system

Come on then give us the shortlist of possible replacements Big Grin
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Focal Sopra 2
Raidho X-2
Sonus faber Olympica 3

And perhaps some more......

Second system

Do keep us posted, very interested to hear how you progress.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
I would love to hear your feedback on Raidho X-2 and Focal Sopra 2
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(05-Mar-2016, 14:23)hk6230 Wrote: I would love to hear your feedback on Raidho X-2 and Focal Sopra 2

I have heard all of the three speakers I listed and they are very good but also very different.  

My room is rather large around 55 sqm so it needs a bit of the speakers to fill the room.

The Raidhos are really impressive and one cant really believe it is only 2 four inch woofers in them but they are no match to the Sopra in the bass. The new Focals are to me when they are fully broken in one of the best speakers I have heard so they are right now on top of my list.

Second system

Made the call today to my dealer and ordered a pair of Sopra 2, after listening to them on several times and looked at every review I could find on the net I think I made the right decision.

Second system

(08-Mar-2016, 21:50)octaviars Wrote: Made the call today to my dealer and ordered a pair of Sopra 2, after listening to them on several times and looked at every review I could find on the net I think I made the right decision.

Enjoy them, I am curious to hear them one day.