Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB Problems
Hi All

Not sure if anyone has experienced this but I've been getting a lot of 'stuttering' with the USB connection....to the point where sometimes the sound stops all together.

I never used to have this problem. My main source is normally a Macbook Pro connected over AIR wifi but I've been wanting to run in a mains cable so have just left the computer running over USB using a XLO burn-in track over the past week, or tried to should I say.

I've re-booted the Mac, turned on and off the Devialet and unplugged the USB cable but it still stutters. Sometimes it will play fine for a few minutes but the problem always seems to come back. I don't currently have another USB cable so I'm not sure whether it's the cable, the Mac or the Devialet at this stage. I use a Vertere cable which is under warranty but don't really feel the cable is the problem.

Any comments/advice would be appreciated.
(08-Dec-2014, 22:18)cc1 Wrote: Hi All

Not sure if anyone has experienced this but I've been getting a lot of 'stuttering' with the USB connection....to the point where sometimes the sound stops all together.

I never used to have this problem. My main source is normally a Macbook Pro connected over AIR wifi but I've been wanting to run in a mains cable so have just left the computer running over USB using a XLO burn-in track over the past week, or tried to should I say.

I've re-booted the Mac, turned on and off the Devialet and unplugged the USB cable but it still stutters. Sometimes it will play fine for a few minutes but the problem always seems to come back. I don't currently have another USB cable so I'm not sure whether it's the cable, the Mac or the Devialet at this stage. I use a Vertere cable which is under warranty but don't really feel the cable is the problem.

Any comments/advice would be appreciated.

Q; Do you have a printer with a USB cable you can use? try that first
Do you have anything else that you can send data to, like an external hard drive. See if you can send data through the cable or if it fails.
Next thing would be trying to use another computer. If you then still have the problem then I would take the Dev to your dealer and let him have a look. Lucky it's only little Wink
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Many thanks for your reply Pim.

Completely forgot that my printer has a USB cable! I've swapped the cables over and the cheapo cable has been running for the past 10 hours or so without any hiccups Smile So it seems the cable is the culprit.
You're welcome. Now what you want to do is put the faulty cable in and see if the drop outs when you bend it and different points. That will confirm it's broken. If not then it's possible the cable just doesn't conform to the USB specs.

I've had a look at the Vertere web site to see your cable; They take "your performance to an unbelievable level"

Unbelievable...
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.