Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet predictions for 2019 (The 2019 Devialet Almanac)
1- RAAT for the CI amps

2- A new remote app which works for both Phantoms and Reactors and delivers on stereo setups for the Reactors. Pim could well be right that it will work for all 3 platforms but maybe not this year. This year I'll predict that there will be a new remote app forth Phantoms and Reactors which will deliver stereo for Reactors and put my remote app predictions for the amps in my next prediction.

3- For the CI models, either a new remote app, a new configurator, a functional web interface via the amp's network connection, or a combination of 2 or all 3 of those things. I'm being deliberately vague because I think eventually we'll be able to use a direct web connection from the amp to do configuration, eliminating the file download and SD card route, we'll be able to turn off the unused streaming "sources" in the input list, and we'll be able to access supported streaming services from the Devialet remote app. I think it's unlikely that we'll get all of that in 2019. I think we'll get some of it but what we get and how we get it will depend on their planning for how they're going to integrate all platforms but we will see at least part of that improved functionality for the CI amps.. The existing configurator will remain for use with non-CI models.

I think Devialet's priorities at present are to deliver fully on the promises made for the CI model amps and the Phantom/Reactor line. Despite those priorities, they probably will release something new and totally unrelated because they just can't help themselves.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet predictions for 2019 (The 2019 Devialet Almanac) - by David A - 01-Jan-2019, 22:04