Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet predictions for 2019 (The 2019 Devialet Almanac)
(21-Jul-2019, 07:05)PeppaPig Wrote: Did a LinkedIn search, he just a sales manager... if a major engineer left I will worry Smile

Successful companies need 2 things, they need something to sell and they need sales. A company can be profitable with low quality products provided it gets sales. A company with great products can be unprofitable if it doesn't get sales. You need good people in both product development and in sales and the loss of a good person in any senior job can be a major blow to a company

In any event he wasn't "just a sales manager", he was also their Product Manager for the Expert Pro line and managed the Product Management team. 

People here have been asking for changes in several aspects of Devialet's customer relationships for years now. There were hopes after Munich last year that he might be able to address some of the issues people keep raising but he's gone and those issues haven't been addressed. Did he leave of his own volition or was he pushed out the door?  Either way, was the reason for his departure that he tried to make changes to improve customer relations, that he didn't try to make those changes, or something else? Devialet seem to rigidly resist making any such change.

There's always a reason for concern at the very least when somebody in a senior position leaves a company and he held down two senior positions in his time with Devialet. If I were you I'd be concerned and if we knew a bit more about how and why he departed we might find we have grounds for worry.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet predictions for 2019 (The 2019 Devialet Almanac) - by David A - 21-Jul-2019, 09:37