Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet predictions for 2019 (The 2019 Devialet Almanac)
(06-Nov-2019, 22:25)onejobaudio Wrote: The Expert line is not being abandoned, it's just a difficult segment.  The way a majority of people "consume" music.  Their support has been flawless on my end.  What's missing?

onejobaudio in Southern California /
Expert 140 Pro
I don't doubt that there are many happy Expert/Expert Pro owners that haven't had a single problem and are happy as can be with the exceptional sound quality and functionality.   I also don't think Devialet is abandoning this product.  I'm certain they are still marketing and selling them.

But, if you use Roon with it, if you've dealt with the challenges of using Devialet's AIR, if you've ever had issues that required logging tickets, if you have struggled with the online configurator issues, if you're wondering if they'll ever actually do something with the CI upgrade they gave away,  or if you simply want to read the Devialet Newsletter that has been promised for years but never delivered, then you might begin to understand some of the frustrations expressed in these forums.  

Yes, it is still an amazing piece of tech - one that I love dearly.   So maybe this is just an extraordinary opportunity for them to step up and exceed our expectations.  Hey, it could happen!   Or, they might just let another year go by with little to show.   Time will tell.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet predictions for 2019 (The 2019 Devialet Almanac) - by mdconnelly - 06-Nov-2019, 23:32