Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions, questions & questions! New 220pro
Hi Everyone!
So So psyched - just pulled the trigger on a 220pro with CI, and its waiting for me at home! Need to head back form work in a couple of hours and put it together.

A bit about my situation and why I'm feeling a bit like a deer caught between headlights:
I'm just starting on my journey with trying to get my dream sound system in place, with the devialet 220pro at the center of it.
My sources: completely locally stored digital files (flac, dsd (dsf)) or spotify premium (will consider tidal if they start keeping more of the music I listen to/ qobuz once they're in US)
Storage & playback: 
  • Current preferred route > I have a portable digital audio player - Onkyo DP-X1 which is supposed to have a pretty good dac and can play most of my music. It's based on Android. Have a regular 3.5mm from it that branches to 2 male RCAs. It also has wifi. If I'm using the Onkyo - i typically use the onkyo playback software since it supports flac, dsd/ dsf and has a host of good upsampling etc.
  • Alternate route > Have a Macbook pro that I could also use as a music server either with 3.5mm to 2 male RCAs or through wifi. If I'm using the MBP, I don't have too many options currently - do have itunes and vox to play flac files. Unsure of dsd/dsfs
Speakers: Martin Logan Motion 60xts in a 2.0 setup. I've had these for a while - going to see how they perform with the devialet before I make any decisions on the speaker front. I was using a gemtune tub-amp prior to this with tube rolling.

Question
  • Given my sources and my storage/ playback options - what would you advise as the preferred method of connecting to the devialet 220pro? Also - has anyone used an android device + Devialet AIR as the playback route? 
  • If i were to connect the Devialet with my 3.5mm/RCA chord v/s leveraging the Devialet AIR option - what exactly is the major difference - could anyone help me out a bit around navigating this?

I'm a whiles away from exploring options such as Roon for managing playback - will do so in due course, but first need to get the basics out of the way.
Thanks everyone and super happy to be part of the devialet family!!
Signal path: Macbook Pro (Qobuz/ Vox Player) > Router > CAT 8 Ethernet > Devialet 220 pro > Shunyata Delta speaker cables > Wilson Sabrina speakers

Power path: Wall outlet > Shunyata Delta power cable > Devialet 220 pro

Messages In This Thread
Questions, questions & questions! New 220pro - by zambie - 09-Jan-2019, 23:16