Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions, questions & questions! New 220pro
(10-Jan-2019, 05:38)zambie Wrote: Tinkered around a bit - and yes - doesn't appear that AIR can be installed on android. But I am able to play locally stored music through the android remote (albeit it's a clunky experience). I suppose in this case, all that the android device is acting as - is a source?

I will have to figure out whether audirvana is the way to go or roon longer term - so far been using vox and it's resolving my dsd/dsf files well.
Also - lots to explore with regards to cabling, and source playback optimization. Baby steps I suppose.

Always eager to learn tricks of the trade - will keeping a close watch on a bunch of threads here to broaden my knowledge.

If with locally stored you mean files on the device itself then yes, it's a source.

Before you get into cables, watch this:

http://audiofi.net/2019/01/audio-enginee...-on-wires/

Make of it what you wish but I would rather spend ten hours on setting up my speakers and chair right than work 5 hours to pay for a 'better' cable.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Questions, questions & questions! New 220pro - by Pim - 10-Jan-2019, 09:10