Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions, questions & questions! New 220pro
(10-Jan-2019, 09:10)Pim Wrote: Before you get into cables, watch this:

http://audiofi.net/2019/01/audio-enginee...-on-wires/

Make of it what you wish but I would rather spend ten hours on setting up my speakers and chair right than work 5 hours to pay for a 'better' cable.

The following is the copy/paste of a comment on the page under the link. Nothing to add from my side. The guy doing the test is completely clueless:

"I always get a kick out of one idiot trying to claim everyone else is the same. Stuff like this ruins the reputation of science – real science.

Boys and girls, science begins with an observation. We can talk all about the circumstances and reliability of that observation, but it begins there nonetheless. If I hear a consistent difference between cables in a stereo system – and YES, I do and so do others, at least with some cables… and YES in double blind listening tests… then we make a hypothesis to test. If that hypothesis is that there is a voltage difference in the cable to account for the sound difference, well the null test described above strongly suggests that our hypothesis is not correct. But it does not DISPROVE the observation. We have to come up with another hypothesis and test again… and round and round it goes. Science, by the way, rarely “proves,” but instead builds evidence. The evidence here does nothing to prove or disprove whether I hear a difference in cables. The absurdity goes further, because the actual claim is that “all wires sound the same.” I don’t know about you, but I don’t listen to cables with an oscilloscope, and I sure as hell don’t plug them into my tympanic membranes. Cables are part of a much larger system that can only be “heard” as a whole after that electrical crap is transduced to an entirely different form of energy at the speaker. Sorry, but we haven’t proven anything here except that we can’t show a measurable electrical difference between whatever cables he tested"

gui
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Questions, questions & questions! New 220pro - by yabaVR - 10-Jan-2019, 21:13