Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proac D30R vs. PMC Twenty 26 vs. Other options?
(12-Dec-2014, 17:50)Mac User Wrote: PMC Fact 8 are worth a listen and tick the 'looks' box...

Did you demo the twenty.26 versus the Fact? Curious PMC did this, they are almost the same price!
Pink Triangle Anniversary/SME IV/Hana Blue; Intel NUC + Roon ROCK; Devialet 440 Pro CI; Kudos Titan 707 using AXD; Kudos, Chord, Audioquest cables
Dublin, Ireland
I have listened to most of the PMC Twenty Series as I was looking for a replacement to my PMC GB1i speakers. IMO the Twenty 26 is more about filling a large space with a lot of sound but lacks refinement. The Fact series are a much better built cabinet with more sophisticated crossovers and to my old ears just sounded the right upgrade! The recent SAM profile gives even more flexibility to the 8's but at the moment the jury is out on some music types. As ever, have a listen at home if you can and see what you think about the options...
Melco N1A, Oppo HA-1 AudioCom Special Edition, HiFiMan HE1000
I have PMC fact 8s and LOVE them. Using D400 to power them. I've got fact 12s on order but seriously comsidering canceling as the fact 8s with SAM are stunning already. Plus it could be a very long wait for the 12s to be SAMed. HIGHLY recommend the fact 8s. My favorite speaker of the many I've owned.
Can I ask what kind of music you play on the Facts? Primarily rock or something else?

Also, how have you found SAM on them?
Pink Triangle Anniversary/SME IV/Hana Blue; Intel NUC + Roon ROCK; Devialet 440 Pro CI; Kudos Titan 707 using AXD; Kudos, Chord, Audioquest cables
Dublin, Ireland
I own the D30R.. love them..Anyone want to help a brother out and vote for them.. Please!
I heard the D30R's with the Devialet and thought they were excellent, just couldn't get them in a finish which worked for us (e.g. walnut). I think Devialet simply need to get hold of a pair to do the SAM profiling, I had actually discussed with the dealer having the pair I would have ordered sent to the team in Paris and then back to me.
Dublin, Ireland
(28-Jan-2015, 11:32)Neffa Wrote: I heard the D30R's with the Devialet and thought they were excellent, just couldn't get them in a finish which worked for us (e.g. walnut). I think Devialet simply need to get hold of a pair to do the SAM profiling, I had actually discussed with the dealer having the pair I would have ordered sent to the team in Paris and then back to me.

Might want to consider the Kef Reference 3
In the end, decided to go with the twenty.26 - not an easy choice but the best one for me, I think!
Dublin, Ireland
Latest edition of HiFi+ has a review of the Twenty 26
Naim nac-n 272, Naim nap-300, PMC Fact 12, Audience AU24SE power cables, Oppo BDP-103D
(12-Dec-2014, 15:59)amabrok Wrote: You may also want to consider Piega Premium 50.2

it is SAM ready and in your price bracket.

the other day i auditioned it along with many other models from Piega at my local dealer.

they look great with clean finish. solid performance with omfy bass. and the ribbon tweeter is really the highlight of Piega speakers

I second the Piega's. I had not heard them myself until recently, but when I heard them (at same dealer) I was pleasantly surprised. Worth a listen....
NAS: LaCie Cloudbox
Streaming bridge: Auralic Aries
DAC/Amplifier: Devialet 200
Speakers: Magico S1
Digital cables: Audioquest Cinnamon
Loudspeaker cables: Vertere Pulse-X Mini