Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A&K AK500N + Devialet
Hi Guys,

any A&K fans here?

meet the new A&K AK500N MQS Network Audio Player (http://www.astellnkern.com/)

[Image: spec_img01.jpg]

[Image: LL]

could this bridge the gap of NAS and DSD support for Devialet? anyone had the chance to see/try this?

could the #PhantomRising be something like that?

Looks like a space object to me, but i know and trust the sound and build quality of A&K, thought .... Big Grin
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
Might be interesting! The specs are looking great anyway: battery driven, with internal SSDs as storage with different RAID options; and ripping possibility.

[Image: news_141211_ak500n_04.jpg]
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
(13-Dec-2014, 09:44)Charlemagne Wrote: Might be interesting! The specs are looking great anyway: battery driven, with internal SSDs as storage with different RAID options; and ripping possibility.

[Image: news_141211_ak500n_04.jpg]

exactly! they claim to eliminate power distortion with the battery implementation (play back up to 7 hours and smart charging only when battery levels drops below 4% or when not playing music or in standby mode of course)

i know their quality from their portable players, so it would be interesting to see how a non-portable device would fair.
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis

Dubai, UAE
What's the price for this network player?
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
(13-Dec-2014, 13:55)Eddye Wrote: What's the price for this network player?

unfortunately it is going to be hovering around $10,000!!!

but with this price along with the quality build and system design which looks promising i would expect built in and integration of online streaming services including all the big name (Qobuz, Tidal, Spotify, Deezer, etc...)

this way it could be truly the main and only digital source to Devialet

Dubai, UAE
I saw one in silver (silent display), cool design especially the builtin touch pad but not small. I was told it will be only available with integrated DAC which makes it not so interesting for Devialet and also partially explains the price.
I would like something like it as a digital source: well designed single box and all function integrated
(15-Dec-2014, 01:51)Music or sound Wrote: I saw one in silver (silent display), cool design especially the builtin touch pad but not small. I was told it will be only available with integrated DAC which makes it not so interesting for Devialet and also partially explains the price.
I would like something like it as a digital source: well designed single box and all function integrated
I have Aurender X100L. It gets very close to what you mention. All in one box solution with excellent sound quality, built in SSD and HDD, ability to stream from NAS and no extra cost for built in dac which won't be used in case of Devialet. plus an excellent controller app

Where they really fall short is streaming from online services like Tidal, Qobuz, Deezer, etc.

My understanding is that they are working on integrating Tidal streaming hopefully early 2015.

Another option which is really leading in terms of online streaming capability is NAD M50. They seem to have every streaming service you can think of integrated in their all in one box

Dubai, UAE
Nice one that a&k
But dont we have this quality in Naim like HDX and Unityserve?

And they have build in streaming services like internet radio already

Im more and more look in the directional of Naim
Roon Nuceleus + Core/Tidal > Rood Ready wired ethernet > Keces P8 LPS > EtherRegan switch > D250 PRO > Sonus Faber Cremona M
Nordost Frey 2 Power cable - Blue Jeans Speaker Cables - Audioquest Diamond and Supra cat8 ethernet cables
Other: Ipad air with ROON Control / Pro Ject ground base - ISO Acoustics Orea - Herbie Tenderfoots 
"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
a very good review of the AK500n here : http://www.stereo.net.au/reviews/astellk...ic-server/
(15-Dec-2014, 01:51)Music or sound Wrote: ...available with integrated DAC which makes it not so interesting for Devialet and also partially explains the price.
Correct!  I m with the same thought process too.
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"