Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Dialog
If 5x phantom is more like 5.5, at the min, just need one of them to act as a sub as well as a speaker..
It's just about have phantoms for home theater in addition to the 2 Channel for the stereo. Which is a lot of speakers being seen... Not easy to get the approval from wife...
(10-Jun-2015, 08:19)Jean-Marie Wrote: I don't really see a challenge.

That should be quite strait forward to mix the .1 towards all Phantom in the 5.1 case or each one to half of them in the 7.2 case.

Indeed. Using a MiniDSP 10x10HD, I have been able to route the sub/LFE channel to my two pairs of Phantoms. This has also enabled the routing of the centre channel to the front pair for a phantom centre. However, as much as I would like to claim it as a 5.4 layout, the nomenclature relates to physical units and therefore it is, and always will be, a 4.0 layout.
Of course, with DSP and mixing everything is possible and may give good results but still it won't be discrete channels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
The nomenclature relates to the number of channels. 5 phantoms = 5.0 (that is if you are able to decode and render 5.1signal to phantom). The .1 is a separate lfe channel (e.g. For explosions): no matter how many subwoofer you are using, it stays .1
When a subwoofer is missing, you can render the .1 to fronts or all speakers depending of your choice and your surround processor.

Ps: phantom is limited to 2.0 -for now.
Pps: great subwoofer tends to play 10hz @105db.