Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Dialog
Hardware work? (i.e cost) or software work. (i.e time, so cost too!)
(18-Dec-2014, 00:53)Confused Wrote: Hardware work? (i.e cost) or software work. (i.e time, so cost too!)

Software. I guess most of those capable of writing code at Devialet have been busy working on code for the Phantoms and Spark.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(18-Dec-2014, 01:05)ogs Wrote:
(18-Dec-2014, 00:53)Confused Wrote: Hardware work? (i.e cost) or software work. (i.e time, so cost too!)

Software. I guess most of those capable of writing code at Devialet have been busy working on code for the Phantoms and Spark.

Yes! My thoughts exactly! Hence why Configurator and white noise issues have been a bit slow in being addressed recently. I'm optimistic this situation will improve now. (Plus I have a beta version of AIR to try, here's hoping!)
(18-Dec-2014, 01:12)Confused Wrote:

Yes! My thoughts exactly! Hence why Configurator and white noise issues have been a bit slow in being addressed recently. I'm optimistic this situation will improve now. (Plus I have a beta version of AIR to try, here's hoping!)
Indeed, I hope all issues will be addressed swiftly now. Perhaps even a new firmware version to be rolled out early 2015?

Did someone find a picture or a video showing SPARK? I think a couple of photo's on the facebook page show SPARK and it looks very clean. Can't wait.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
(01-Jul-1974, 06:32)Eddye Wrote: Indeed, I hope all issues will be addressed swiftly now. Perhaps even a new firmware version to be rolled out early 2015?

Did someone find a picture or a video showing SPARK? I think a couple of photo's on the facebook page show SPARK and it looks very clean. Can't wait.

According to Chris' report from Paris over at Computer Audiophile the Spark app is quite fabulous so we really have something to look forward to it seems..
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB

Just being mischievous, but my experience of newly released software, including AIR, is that it needs a bit of urgent support once it gets into users hands and unexpected hence non-tested combinations occur.
I would imagine the software guys will have more rather than less work to do for quite a while now...
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(18-Dec-2014, 19:59)f1eng Wrote:

Just being mischievous, but my experience of newly released software, including AIR, is that it needs a bit of urgent support once it gets into users hands and unexpected hence non-tested combinations occur.
I would imagine the software guys will have more rather than less work to do for quite a while now...
Good point, still companies have managed to work on more than one thing at the time.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
(18-Dec-2014, 20:04)Eddye Wrote: Good point, still companies have managed to work on more than one thing at the time.

Yes, but the early post implied the reason AIR and configuration bugs were being dealt with slowly was the fact that the software guys were busy with Spark. Can't have it both ways!
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Hello
I am really interested to see how this Dialog box will work with the Devialet "classical" models. For the moment I have not seen anything except the fact that it is supposed to be compatible and the output will be the USB one.
But exactly what it will bring is not clear neither if this is linked to a new firmware.
What I am really wondering is how the Dialog box communicates with the Phantoms... because there are so many issues with Air that it must be something either completely different unless Air can be fixed thanks to this extra Dialog box...
I guess we will know more in the coming weeks.
(19-Dec-2014, 11:36)philoouu Wrote: Hello
I am really interested to see how this Dialog box will work with the Devialet "classical" models. For the moment I have not seen anything except the fact that it is supposed to be compatible and the output will be the USB one.
But exactly what it will bring is not clear neither if this is linked to a new firmware.
What I am really wondering is how the Dialog box communicates with the Phantoms... because there are so many issues with Air that it must be something either completely different unless Air can be fixed thanks to this extra Dialog box...
I guess we will know more in the coming weeks.

I have understood that the Dialog box will either be linked to the Phantoms though a strong WiFi network or an ethernet connection. To the classical Devialet it's limited to the USB connection 'as yet'. It would suggest that for an ethernet connection to the classical devs a firmware upgrade would be necessary.

Here's what the White Paper says about the Dialog's connectivity:

Quote:DIALOG creates the most robust mesh network on the market today, by combining 3 dual-band Wi-Fi connexions, a 1Gbps Ethernet, and Power Line Communication of the latest generation.
Each PHANTOM has an optical Toslink input and is able to share this input signal with any other PHANTOM on the network. Wired connectivity to the DIALOG network through a 1Gbps Ethernet RJ-45 port is also available.

That would mean that the present WiFi connection of the classical Devs is insufficiënt and does need an upgrade. 'Power Line Communication' is non existent in the classical Devs. So it will depend on an upgrade of WiFi and/or AIR in the classical ones.
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL