Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stand-alone/self-hosted configuration
This is getting highSmile))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(22-Dec-2014, 11:35)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(21-Dec-2014, 21:13)IanG-UK Wrote:
(21-Dec-2014, 19:24)brit Wrote:
(21-Dec-2014, 19:14)amabrok Wrote:
(21-Dec-2014, 17:10)Pim van Vliet Wrote: The guy who put his money behind Devialet also owns Hennessey Cognac; If they go bankrupt I will be doubly devastated.Sad

Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

TongueTongueTongue:Tongue

There are other Cognacs - but only one Devialet

(Good advertising strap line - I should sell it to them)

I have to say I love my Devialet but when it comes to being closest to perfection I'll take Hennessy XO over Devialet. The first time I tasted that stuff I was blown away. My quest therefore will be to get my Devialet / C1 setup to be as satisfying as my favourite drink. Oooh life would be good:roll eyes:

Hi,

Why not try some real good cognac, one of my favorite houses, Delamain. Their junior cognac XO's, Pale & Dry or Vesper is way better than most on the market. But then there is also my favorite Réserve de la Famille.
Acquired taste but at least we chose Devialet.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
Hi!

I've had the same OP's doubt, in fact.

I am NOT, as of today, the happy owner of a Devialet product, and I was wondering about the ways the machines can be configurated, because I'm really interested in the Devialet 200.

I can remotely operate and config, from my PC, my Logitech Squeezebox Touch (by the Web Control section of the Logitech Media Server, installed on my PC)

I can remotely operate and config, from my PC, my Linn streamer (by a software named...Konfig, installed on my PC).

The Squeezebox has been out of production for a long time now, but the owners don't worry, as long they have a copy of the software lurking in their computers.

I understand the Devialet machines may be totally different from the Logitech and Linn devices I own and daily use, but I, too, was wondering about a future proof configuration system.

Enjoy your music!
Sorry, I had forgotten to update this thread after speaking to Devialet.

I got a polite reply including:

Quote:To try and reassure you, should our company cease to exist, which is totally not something that we wish for ourselves, we would find a solution concerning the online configurator. We would not let our clients is the dark.

However concerning your D-premier, you could also use the factory settings, which is enabling all inputs by default, except the one where you can input a sub.

Not quite sure why the D-premier was mentioned, but I assume the same comment applies to the D120/200/250.

I replied stressing that the alternative solution must be developed so that it's available immediately in case the main on-line configurator is no longer working, that is, not waiting until it's the only option. My comments will be "shared with ... managers". Make of that what you will...
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
When I first bought mine there was no on line configurator. I started with the default, which actually was fine since I use a MC cartridge with a step-up transformer into a standard MM input. That meant the default was fine.
Devialet asked what inputs one was using and would email a config file to suit if the default did not suit.
Air, and the wireless hardware to go in the amp, did not exist yet though and the HDMI input was not activated yet either.

I think lots of emails specifying the configuration one wanted and insisting on a working config file emailed may expedite the debugging of the current faulty software.

I am a bit puzzled by the backward step. As far as I can see the new configurator offered absolutely nothing of functional value over the old one, other than a noise generator, it was just a screen-candy update.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

It's not the screen-candy nature of the current configurator that I'm wary of, although it might be responsible for some of the buggy behaviour. The concern for me is that without Devialet's good grace, in whatever form it takes, there would be no way to generate a new non-default configuration for my equipment. So if I wanted to change my wi-fi access point, use speakers with different filter characteristics (or SAM, for that matter), etc., I'd be stuck...
Warwickshire, UK
(04-Jan-2015, 17:57)thumb5 Wrote: It's not the screen-candy nature of the current configurator that I'm wary of, although it might be responsible for some of the buggy behaviour. The concern for me is that without Devialet's good grace, in whatever form it takes, there would be no way to generate a new non-default configuration for my equipment. So if I wanted to change my wi-fi access point, use speakers with different filter characteristics (or SAM, for that matter), etc., I'd be stuck...

minor changes like changing ur wifi SSID or password can be easily achieved using a text editor application to edit the config file accordingly.

the same can apply to all other complex changes if one is to understand the full structure of the text file of the config(s). To achieve that one has to have one configuration with all inputs enabled and all features activated and another one exactly the opposite with almost everything turned off and all features deactivated plus a third default configuration file. parsing the three files as simple text would ideally enable us to understand the structure of the file and edit directly as text without the need of the graphical front end of the configurator.

example:

In a stereo mode the unit will have a line like that

"_hasSlave": false,

now if you one would want to turn this into a master unit in a dual mono setup the first thing to do is edit the line to read

"_hasSlave": true,

and so ...
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis

Dubai, UAE
Ah, that's very interesting: I thought that editing the config file by hand wouldn't work because the file was protected by a CRC. To be more specific, I had assumed that if one changed the file by hand the amplifier could detect that its contents didn't match the CRC and would therefore refuse to load it.

If you're speaking from experience of making a hand-edit and having it load into the amplifier and work as expected, that would make me feel a lot less uncomfortable.
Warwickshire, UK
(04-Jan-2015, 18:40)thumb5 Wrote: Ah, that's very interesting: I thought that editing the config file by hand wouldn't work because the file was protected by a CRC. To be more specific, I had assumed that if one changed the file by hand the amplifier could detect that its contents didn't match the CRC and would therefore refuse to load it.

If you're speaking from experience of making a hand-edit and having it load into the amplifier and work as expected, that would make me feel a lot less uncomfortable.

Did not try it as yet as up until this moment there wad no need to.. But would assume it will work

The compiler in the devialet would compile the lines of code in the config file on the fly.

Of course if manual editing results in a syntax error then the compiling process will fail and the file won't load.

I will be happy to try manual editing and report back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dubai, UAE
This was a quote from Mathias Pernot (Devialet's senior engineer) in relation to the D-Premier:

"It is true that sending the security pass for one's WiFi network over the Internet is not the most advisable practice even though realistically speaking, most security schemes today have been found to be easily hackable quite fast. To work around this issue yet maintain the ability to provide the D-Premier with a key so it can join the network, we've implemented another entry method similar to the one you mentioned. If you edit the configuration text file to change any parameter, the altered file will most likely be rejected by the D-Premier thanks to a CRC (check sum) key located on top of it which gets properly computed by the configurator and accordingly checked by the D-Premier.

I had added this validation mechanism to prevent uninformed users from breaking their hardware with inconsistent parameter values like those related to the power supply even if we have additional security checks. I think it really makes sense for that reason."
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England