Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone heard the phantom yet?
(10-Jan-2015, 00:53)darthsteph Wrote: First, about the marketing strategy : the Team is used to reading our forum and don’t understand our misunderstanding about the Phantom communication. For them, it’s really clear that Phantom products are dedicated to a new target of customers. That the reason why they used some new street oriented communication codes (tattooed men, naked queen and so on…) The targeted customers are people who don’t know that such a SQ exists… It really is a lifestyle product and the competition = Sonos, Bose Lifestyle…

Now this marketing thing really puzzles me.  I believe I have at least a reasonable idea about sound quality.  I have never owned a Bose or Sonos "Lifestyle" system.  However, listening to a $50,000+ system with tattooed men and a naked queen is a fairly normal Friday night around my place. 
(10-Jan-2015, 11:24)Confused Wrote:
(10-Jan-2015, 00:53)darthsteph Wrote: First, about the marketing strategy : the Team is used to reading our forum and don’t understand our misunderstanding about the Phantom communication. For them, it’s really clear that Phantom products are dedicated to a new target of customers. That the reason why they used some new street oriented communication codes (tattooed men, naked queen and so on…) The targeted customers are people who don’t know that such a SQ exists… It really is a lifestyle product and the competition = Sonos, Bose Lifestyle…

Now this marketing thing really puzzles me.  I believe I have at least a reasonable idea about sound quality.  I have never owned a Bose or Sonos "Lifestyle" system.  However, listening to a $50,000+ system with tattooed men and a naked queen is a fairly normal Friday night around my place. 

It's good that you've come clean about what many of us have suspected for some time.  Wink

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
I note that the Phantomrising Facebook page now features lots of stuff about Phantom imploding London. Although I have to say, I didn’t notice much as I crawled eastwards on the M4 this morning.
There are posters up round Camden.
Devialet Ensemble

Hampshire, UK
Anyone need a job?

https://harrods.mua.hrdepartment.com/hrd.../view/7568
Launch date at Harrods is 13th Feb, according Devialet's page on Facebook.

Form an orderly queue.
Devialet 1000 Pro. Martin Logan Montis, Michell Gyrodec, Melco N1ZH, Mutec MC3+ USB
(05-Feb-2015, 21:19)ozthepoz Wrote: Launch date at Harrods is 13th Feb, according Devialet's page on Facebook.

Form an orderly queue.

Indeed! Is anyone going? I'm thinking about it!  Cool

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
I think I might be up for it!
Yes I am going Friday 13th 10am start - hope they have Dialog on display rather than hidden away.

I rang Harrods who said "sometime in mid February" - it was a member of the technical sales staff I spoke to - though I told her that the Devialet Facebook page is definitive on time and date - and apparently Devialet representatives will be there and are setting up a "shop within a shop" so hopefully it will be a worthwhile event - and I have every confidence that us long-term 800 owners will be given a Dialog as a thank you gift. Maybe.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
I'm not expecting a lot in terms of evaluating the phantom's sound quality to be honest, but will be interesting and good to meet Devialet represntatives and fellow Devialet chatters of course.