Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vote for SAM request
Proac Response D40R are very popular speakers. 554 votes so far!
Very realistic, yes ;-)

Piega Coax 90.2 - from 72 up to more than 100 votes within some hours ;-)
Sorry, thats absolutely unreliable and leads to nothing :-(

Meanwhile it seams that Devialet excluded some email adresses from the voting. Mine is ending on '@online.de' and the page says: enter a valid email. It sucks :-(((
Does anyone have any inside knowledge about how long it will take for the list of supported speakers to grow? How long does it take for Devialet to measure each speaker?
The list of supported speakers hasn't changed since launch.
(01-Jun-2014, 16:34)andrewd Wrote: Does anyone have any inside knowledge about how long it will take for the list of supported speakers to grow? How long does it take for Devialet to measure each speaker?

Hi andrewd and welcome to Devialet Chat! Smile

My understanding based on unofficial sources is that around 100 speakers are planned by the end of 2014. Since the the new configurator went live 2 Focal speakers have been added. Interestingly enough the Diablo Utopia 3 is being used to launch SAM at the Newport show.

On the subject of what is required to measure each speaker, I understand this was raised in Munich. It takes Devialet around 2 weeks to measure each speaker so it does sound as though it is quite a resource intensive process.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
I can not imagine, that 2 weeks per speaker is realistic.
Should be a standard process and so with be done within a very short time.
Another scenario I can see happening with SAM is a manufacturer sending a number of their speakers to be tested. Voters will see speakers being added that may not necessarily have had a large number of votes. There's potential for some disgruntled owners if they see other speakers with less votes getting SAM-ified.
(01-Jun-2014, 16:44)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(01-Jun-2014, 16:34)andrewd Wrote: Does anyone have any inside knowledge about how long it will take for the list of supported speakers to grow? How long does it take for Devialet to measure each speaker?

Hi andrewd and welcome to Devialet Chat! Smile

My understanding based on unofficial sources is that around 100 speakers are planned by the end of 2014. Since the the new configurator went live 2 Focal speakers have been added. Interestingly enough the Diablo Utopia 3 is being used to launch SAM at the Newport show.

On the subject of what is required to measure each speaker, I understand this was raised in Munich. It takes Devialet around 2 weeks to measure each speaker so it does sound as though it is quite a resource intensive process.

Guillaume

Thanks!
The more I think about the SAM voting, the more naive the whole thing seems. By way of reminder, this is what the web page says (http://voteforsam.devialet.com/; accessed 15:29, 21/5/14):

Vote for your speakers!
Devialet will make them SAM-Ready when they receive 100 votes.

RULES
In order to determine which speakers will benefit from the exclusive SAM technology, Devialet organizes a worldwide voting campaign: choose the first speakers to take advantage of the expertise of Devialet.
The number of votes a model receives determines in which order it will pass in the Devialet laboratories.
Furthermore, to figure on the list of the future SAM compatible speakers, a speaker has to receive at least 100 votes. In order to vote and to be kept informed of the results of the campaign, each participant has to register himself with his e-mail address.

Wouldn't it have made more sense to word the bold passages in such a way as to give Devialet some wriggle room?

Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
I agree, it all seems rather badly thought-through. The wave of euphoria about making it a "democratic" process seems to have backfired a bit with changes in the voting target and the apparent ease with which the system can be "gamed".
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(27-May-2014, 20:04)thumb5 Wrote:
(27-May-2014, 11:34)Rufus McDufus Wrote: http://voteforsam.devialet.com/?s=Raidho...er=popular

And I'll vote for yours!

Done! (But my need is greater than yours, I think…)

(http://voteforsam.devialet.com/?s=guarneri%20homage)

Cheers,

Ian

Hi,
I've voted for yours. Please vote for mines: Tannoy DC8, they're now at 62. Thanks!