Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vote for SAM request
(07-Jun-2014, 10:17)ciptip Wrote: I've voted for yours. Please vote for mines: Tannoy DC8, they're now at 62. Thanks!
Do you really (still) believe these votes are important for anything?!
It's just a farce.
Thanks for the question. I hope to see your point the way you intend it. Do you mean the votes are a farce, or the SAM?
The way it has been organised is weak and problematic, nevertheless its a strategy for Devialet to trial specific marketing issues: motivation, for instance, for actual or potential customers. An example: if the most voted Totem or ProAc are actually having, let's say, 4 to 5 real owners (of course, not the overridiculous 700 or 500), they can bring potential owners both to Devialet and the speaker's makers. Devialet is already building strategic synergies with Atohm, Magico, B&W, Sonus Faber, Focal, etc and further seem to be in view. By synergy I mean that they are looking to bring LS builders closer to their technology, in order to implement it in a near future: e.g. active DSP in the LS and so on. Something to counteract the novelty of implementing the source in the speaker, which already exists, through the network for instance.
Otherwise, yes, it's a shame to convey customers (actual or potential) to such a silly game, there's no point in that. I can imagine they've done it in order to foresee a critical mass of potential customers; yeah, makers are guided as well by statistics, they need some previsional methods and data for their investment. As long as I imagine you already know that (let me ask, how would you act as an investor, when you have to return some 20mil. in due time?) it remains the question if you wanna play their game and enter the playground with (maybe/hopefuly) some more pleasure within your desire's projections; or if you wanna step aside this perverted game and (believe to) play your lucid game, indulge me!
Of course I was talking about the voting procedere itself - not SAM.
(07-Jun-2014, 10:17)ciptip Wrote:
(27-May-2014, 20:04)thumb5 Wrote:
(27-May-2014, 11:34)Rufus McDufus Wrote: http://voteforsam.devialet.com/?s=Raidho...er=popular

And I'll vote for yours!

Done! (But my need is greater than yours, I think…)

(http://voteforsam.devialet.com/?s=guarneri%20homage)

Cheers,

Ian

Hi,
I've voted for yours. Please vote for mines: Tannoy DC8, they're now at 62. Thanks!

Hello!

I voted for all you guys, please give votes for mine too Smile
Audiovector – SI3 Avantgarde
THX!
Looks like some of the speakers with suspiciously high vote counts no longer appear in the most popular list. Perhaps Devialet has gone through and audited the votes.
Thorens TD-166 MK II, Intel NUC (Streacom fanless case, Windows 10, Audiophile Optimizer, Roon, HQPlayer and Acourate), HDPlex 100W LPSU, Uptone Regen, Devialet 120, Sonus Faber Liuto, GIK Acoustics Bass Traps
Reading these "requests" here, they should ;-)
But as it is nonsense anyway, they could forbear to do so.
"SAM ready" logo disappeared from Wilson Audio Sasha. The votes decreased more than 170 to 58. What is happening here?
Mac Mini Late 2012(Amarra Symphony/Audirvana)/DELA N1A Mk1 - [AIR Ethernet] -  Devialet 800 (Power Cable - AET HIN AC EVD) - [Speaker Cable - Nanotec Systems SP♯79MK2] - Wilson Audio Sasha
This is a joke. And not a good one. I have Sonus Faber Auditor M which got 126 votes. Rodacy Devialet cancelled about 70 votes. Sonus Faber Venere 3.0 which got just some votes, now it has more that 100 And is SAM Soon. So this is obvious that SAM is just a marketing bullshit and Devialet's is doing what They want. All ours votes are not important...
I would appreciate some votes for Wilson w/p 5.1 it just got lowered to 22 votes Tongue
At the bottom of the voting page:
"Due to voting abuse, we have been cleaning up the database of votes."
Thorens TD-166 MK II, Intel NUC (Streacom fanless case, Windows 10, Audiophile Optimizer, Roon, HQPlayer and Acourate), HDPlex 100W LPSU, Uptone Regen, Devialet 120, Sonus Faber Liuto, GIK Acoustics Bass Traps