Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Os 2 where's the deezer and other music stream connection
(02-Nov-2019, 00:48)Snoopy8 Wrote:
(02-Nov-2019, 00:22)ragwo Wrote: When testing Spark VS UPnP, did you ensure that the output volume was the same? Not the one in Spark but actually measured volume. Just the smallest difference in volume will have an impact on the perceived sound quality.

Now on topic; Tidal with Bubble UPnP still works well with DOS2.
I am acutely aware of the impact of volume on perceived sound quality and actively watch for it when doing a comparison. I did not measure when I did the test just now, but can if you want me to with a USB microphone.

Thank you for feedback on DOS2 UPnP. I have logged a ticket with Devialet asking that question (as well as a question on whether they tested DOS2 with MinimServer).  I spent a lot of effort improving the Phantoms with MinimServer and convolution room correction and do not want to go backwards with DOS2.  I have had no stability issues, so right now will hold back on the upgrade.
No need to measure for my sake, but it could be that playing through UPnP gives you more input gain and therefore better perceived sound quality. I've been fooled more than once because of this.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage

Messages In This Thread
RE: Os 2 where's the deezer and other music stream connection - by ragwo - 02-Nov-2019, 01:54