Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Os 2 where's the deezer and other music stream connection
(05-Nov-2019, 03:17)Snoopy8 Wrote:
(05-Nov-2019, 02:41)Yar36 Wrote: i run on iOS though...what would the equivalent be? I don’t have music on a NAS or PC, just streaming via Tidal HiFi.
Have a read of this thread
https://devialetchat.com/Thread-UPnP-mac...mendations

mconnect does come with Tidal connectivity.

As long as you want to play directly from your i
Phone or iPad and you have solid network I do not see a real advantage in using an UPnP solution. The main advantage of UPnP (with Bubble UPnP/OpenHome) is that you can establish a server that hosts your music library and a streaming playlist that can be managed from multiple devices. If you do not want or need this, there is nothing wrong in streaming from your iPhone/iPad TIDAL app via Airplay. It is super convenient, works quite well and you get HiFi/CD quality (yes, there are some differences, but this would easily become a highly technical discussion). I would not bother making things more complicated if there is no real need to do so. If you want HiRes Audio from TIDAL though it will become a much more complicated topic. There are lots of opinions about MQA, but apart from this sometimes a bit emotional/philosophical discussion there are technical hurdles to master or workaround as the Phantoms do not natively support MQA.

Innuos Zen Mini MK3 -> (Ethernet / Audioquest Optical) -> Dialog & 2x White Phantom
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit Turntable with Ortofon Red -> (Cinch/RCA) Musical Fidelity Merlin -> (AudioQuest Optical) to Phantom
Master & Dynamics MH40, Audeze Sine, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red; Remote Control via macOS and iOS devices (Devialet App / Innuos Sense /iPeng / Audirvāna Studio)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Os 2 where's the deezer and other music stream connection - by seb - 05-Nov-2019, 04:22