Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dutch review of the Phantom with a short summary in English
If you can read Dutch: here's a very enthousiastic review of the Phantom presented at the introduction show in Paris.

http://www.hifi.nl/artikel/22834/Deviale...hniek.html

Here is my summary in a nutshell:

During the demonstration in stereo the audience became silent of admiration; the sound that a stereoset of Phantoms produces can easily be positioned between the highend floorstanding systems, driven by very expensive amps. The drive, the attack and the dynamics are very impressive, even more when listening to classical music. Soundstage and the positioning in stereo are very impressive. Even more impressive was the surround demonstration with Pink Floid's Dark Side Of The Moon ("Unique"). The reporter got the feeling that Devialet has created a revolutionary product. Only from the month of May onwards it will be delivered by the usual resellers is the expectation, says the article.
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
I'm really eager to give them a listen and see how they match up to the hype

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
Nice review Charlemagne, hadn't read it yet....
NAS: LaCie Cloudbox
Streaming bridge: Auralic Aries
DAC/Amplifier: Devialet 200
Speakers: Magico S1
Digital cables: Audioquest Cinnamon
Loudspeaker cables: Vertere Pulse-X Mini