Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Erik's System
Devialet 200 with Lessloss DPFC Signature Power Cord
Speakers are Proac D30R, speaker cables are AudioQuest Oak Bi-Wire
Auralic Aries with a AudioQuest Diamond USB, Audioquest NRG1000 for Aries Power supply
W4S Modded Sonos with AudioQuest NRG 1.5 Power Cord
Power Conditioning is a Shuyata Talos with a Shunyata Ztron Alpha HC Power Cord
Rel Strata III with Custom AudioQuest Castle Rock Sub Cable.. ( probably upgrade to one of the new Rel S3 in 2015)
Rack is a custom Box Furniture Company in Maple..
20 amp dedicated circuits with Oyaide R1 outlets

Hi Erik
Love your system, very clean!
Since buying my d200 I have only been feeding it with a w4s sonos like yours but have been wondering what other sources sound like in comparison. How does the Aries over USB sound into the d200?

Are you using optical or coax out of the sonos?

Does the lessloss pc have much effect on the d200?

Have you tried running the d200 straight from the wall as opposed to through the shunyata? Does the shunyata squash the dynamics at all?

Thanks Smile
sweet and spot on color matching Smile

I am also interested to know about your experience with Auralic Aeris. SQ, functionality, reliability, and how is the integrated streaming service of Qobuz implemented?
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
Aries over USB sounds as good to me as AIR over Ethernet.. Aries with a AES/EBU cable sounds a bit better.. I'm currently auditioning various AES/EBU cables.

I'm using coax out of the Sonos

Yes the LessLoss added body and some bloom to the 200

I haven't run the Dev straight from the wall, but my experience with Shunyata's on some other much higher powered gear is the one thing Hydra's absolutely don't do is squash dynamics.

Erik

(27-Dec-2014, 23:29)wikeeboy Wrote: Hi Erik
Love your system, very clean!
Since buying my d200 I have only been feeding it with a w4s sonos like yours but have been wondering what other sources sound like in comparison. How does the Aries over USB sound into the d200?

Are you using optical or coax out of the sonos?

Does the lessloss pc have much effect on the d200?

Have you tried running the d200 straight from the wall as opposed to through the shunyata? Does the shunyata squash the dynamics at all?

Thanks Smile

I'm very happy with the Aries.. Although AIR is nice I just didn't care to have to fiddle with my iMac to listen to music.. with the Aries I can just plop down and listen, no need to get involved with the computer..SQ is as good as AIR if not better. I haven't tried Qobuz or Tidal.. I do use the Radio function which works fine.. I do hope that Auralic implements Pandora someday, I like to just have that just playing throughout the day for background music.. but my Sonos does that just fine. As for reliability it's been pretty much rock stable.. I use the Aries on 5g wifi and it's never dropped out yet, either streaming 16/44 or up to 24/192

Overall very happy with the Aries.. It's not perfect but for the money it's a damn nice unit, and Auralic is dedicated to making it better.

Erik

(28-Dec-2014, 07:11)amabrok Wrote: sweet and spot on color matching Smile

I am also interested to know about your experience with Auralic Aeris. SQ, functionality, reliability, and how is the integrated streaming service of Qobuz implemented?
Very nice, Erik!

(But don't tell the Sonos boys about those cable lifters - would never hear the end of that...!)

By the way, is your Connect sitting on something? It looks like it's floating. If so, what is it, and do you find it makes a significant difference?
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
I have the Sonos (as well as the Devialet) on some Herbies Tender feet..I don't think it makes any sonic difference on either..On the Devialet though they do help give it some clearance for cables..

And oh those Sonos forum Bozo's, don't get me started..

Just to add I'm really really thrilled with the Devialet.. So happy, I may if 2015 is fruitful upgrade to a 400 (although that's actually at the bottom of the list) I'm also planning on a possible speaker upgrade to the new Kef Reference 3, and as I mentioned I'll most likely upgrade my Rel Strata III to a Rel S/3.. At that point if I can pull everything off I'll be pretty much be done.... For A While :-)