Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Devialet 120 / Speakers?
Hi

I´m considering the Devialet 120 for my EgglestonWorks Isabel Signature. The Isabels are an easy load = 88 dB / 8 ohm. Nominel impedans never drops below 6 ohm. I have no doubts that Devialet 120 can handle the Isabels when we are talking currents.

1. My consideration is how well it will do if I play at higher levels?
2. What speakers do You guys use with Your Devialet 120?
3. How big are Your listningroom?

Thanks in advance Shy
Hi

Really nobody who can give some info regarding the D120?
(05-Jan-2015, 18:31)HOLBERG Wrote: Hi

Holberg,

my speakers (see my signature), are also about 88 dB and are quite easy on the load.

The D120 is a really great match for them and I have no problem to reach 103 to 105 dB peak from my listening position.

I have a 400 square feet approx listening room and the listening position is about 10+ feet from the speakers more or less in the middle of the room.

Best regards,

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
(05-Jan-2015, 18:54)Jean-Marie Wrote:

Holberg,

my speakers (see my signature), are also about 88 dB and are quite easy on the load.

The D120 is a really great match for them and I have no problem to reach 103 to 105 dB peak from my listening position.

I have a 400 square feet approx listening room and the listening position is about 10+ feet from the speakers more or less in the middle of the room.

Best regards,

Jean-Marie

Hi Jean-Marie

Very happy about that information. Your room is a bit bigger than mine and Your speakers look like they measure about the same as my Eggs. Good news. Thanks a lot for taking the time Cool

Don´t know Your speakers BTW. They look very interesting indeed! And they are SAM-ready as well. Imagine that it makes at BIG difference at the positive side!
(05-Jan-2015, 20:59)HOLBERG Wrote:

Holberg,

Best regards,

Jean-Marie

Hi Jean-Marie

Very happy about that information. Your room is a bit bigger than mine and Your speakers look like they measure about the same as my Eggs. Good news. Thanks a lot for taking the time Cool

Don´t know Your speakers BTW. They look very interesting indeed! And they are SAM-ready as well. Imagine that it makes at BIG difference at the positive side!

I have a zu soul superfly. Had to adj down the power with the configurator to 60w. 
I have SF cremona auditor M's

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Devialet 120 <> Cremona Auditor M <> roon core running on my iMac via Air Ethernet with iPad/Android remote.
MQA via Tidal app also plays great but not as user friendly as have to use splashtop app to control remotely.
(12-Jan-2015, 08:43)warpeon Wrote: I have a zu soul superfly. Had to adj down the power with the configurator to 60w. 

Thanks a lot warpeon 

Can see that the Superflys are a lot more sensitive than my Eggs so I´m not surprised that You have the juice  Smile
(12-Jan-2015, 08:56)craigyoung Wrote: I have SF cremona auditor M's

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi craigyoung

Great speakers. I´m sure they make sweet music with the D120.

Do You feel You have enough power from the D120 at higher levels?
(05-Jan-2015, 20:59)HOLBERG Wrote:

Holberg,

Best regards,

Jean-Marie

Hi Jean-Marie

Yes indeed, SAM did make a very appreciable difference. Even more importantly than absolute bass extension (they were already going down to 35Hz and now are going down to 20Hz),SAM really improved things is in the accuracy of the basses and their tightness. It is also improving the imaging big time thanks to the time alignment it performs.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
I have the 120 with Audio Physic Tempo 25. Very good match too. SAM at 20% level.
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands