Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Assistance please
Hi everyone,
Picked up my 250 companion today and all seemed to go well with setting up. When I turned on SAM the companion ceased playing although the display showed the volume the same as the master, turned SAM off and the sound came back on. Do I have to configure the companion? Any advice will be gratefully recieved.
Cheers,
Bill
Devialet 1000pro C1. Aurender N10 Wilson Benesch A.C.T. ONE Evolution P1 Naim headline Naim highcap Sennheiser HD 800 Naim Super Lumina speaker cable. Shunyata Delta EF mains cables. 2 PSI AVAA C20 active acoustic absorbers.
(30-Dec-2014, 22:00)wwm Wrote: Hi everyone,
Picked up my 250 companion today and all seemed to go well with setting up. When I turned on SAM the companion ceased playing although the display showed the volume the same as the master, turned SAM off and the sound came back on. Do I have to configure the companion? Any advice will be gratefully recieved.
Cheers,
Bill

Bill,

You need to config the companion as well. Go in to the config for D800 and follow the steps there and then you have to download the config for both the master and companion on each sd card, respectively. Perhaps you forgot to turn SAM on for the companion when config?

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
(30-Dec-2014, 22:15)Mikeeo Wrote:
Cheers,
Bill

Bill,

You need to config the companion as well. Go in to the config for D800 and follow the steps there and then you have to download the config for both the master and companion on each sd card, respectively. Perhaps you forgot to turn SAM on for the companion when config?

/Mike

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the info, will give that a go with fingers crossed and let you know how I get on.
Cheers,
Bill.
Devialet 1000pro C1. Aurender N10 Wilson Benesch A.C.T. ONE Evolution P1 Naim headline Naim highcap Sennheiser HD 800 Naim Super Lumina speaker cable. Shunyata Delta EF mains cables. 2 PSI AVAA C20 active acoustic absorbers.
(30-Dec-2014, 22:46)wwm Wrote:
Cheers,
Bill

Bill,

/Mike

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the info, will give that a go with fingers crossed and let you know how I get on.
Cheers,
Bill.

any update Bill? I am eager to know if indeed it was something you missed in the configuration or is it just another dual mono configuration bug
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(31-Dec-2014, 09:33)amabrok Wrote:
(30-Dec-2014, 22:46)wwm Wrote:
Cheers,
Bill

Bill,

/Mike

Hi Mike,
Cheers,
Bill.

any update Bill? I am eager to know if indeed it was something you missed in the configuration or is it just another dual mono configuration bug

Yes, I did'nt untick mute on the companion so not a bug thankfully.
Bill.
(31-Dec-2014, 17:19)wwm Wrote: Yes, I did'nt untick mute on the companion so not a bug thankfully.
Bill.

Great Smile

enjoy!
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE