Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What devialet should do next...
...according to me. Rolleyes

Car audio would be a perfect fit. I'm not talking about after market car audio. I'm talking about getting in with the auto makers and having a devialet system as a factory option in a luxury car brand. If I was an exec at devialet that's what I'd be tackling at this point. Obviously huge money opportunity in this and IMO the devialet products could really bring car audio to a new level by using DSP custom matched to the vehicles.

Home audio manufacturers have been partnering with the luxury brands for years. Mark levinson in Lexus, B&O in Audi, Burmester in Mercedes, and who can forget the ubiquitous Bose systems. But I personally think there's still plenty of room for improvement in this area. I just purchased a new Mercedes c400 with the Burmester system and while it's quite good it's no devialet.
Not a bad idea but what about this; They have made the ADH chip small enough to fit inside a Personal Music Player. They have developed Spark which works on a tablet so it's only a matter of putting the two together, throw in a battery and some memory and you have a PMP of the highest order. Astell & Kern and Pono move over!
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(02-Jan-2015, 19:09)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Not a bad idea but what about this; They have made the ADH chip small enough to fit inside a Personal Music Player. They have developed Spark which works on a tablet so it's only a matter of putting the two together, throw in a battery and some memory and you have a PMP of the highest order. Astell & Kern and Pono move over!

I second this Smile

Especially now they are trying to appeal to a bigger consumer base. Could be a real threat for A&K, HiFiMan, Fiio and the likes
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(02-Jan-2015, 19:29)amabrok Wrote:
(02-Jan-2015, 19:09)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Not a bad idea but what about this; They have made the ADH chip small enough to fit inside a Personal Music Player. They have developed Spark which works on a tablet so it's only a matter of putting the two together, throw in a battery and some memory and you have a PMP of the highest order. Astell & Kern and Pono move over!

I second this Smile

Especially now they are trying to appeal to a bigger consumer base. Could be a real threat for A&K, HiFiMan, Fiio and the likes

The configuration ghost will still be there I guess...

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK

Could be possible but don't forget the miniaturization of the ADH amplification has "only" grouped both the “Magic Wire” (=DAC and I/V conversion) and the Class A circuitries into a single component, the class D part of the solution is still external.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(05-Jan-2015, 14:32)Antoine Wrote:

Could be possible but don't forget the miniaturization of the ADH amplification has "only" grouped both the “Magic Wire” (=DAC and I/V conversion) and the Class A circuitries into a single component, the class D part of the solution is still external.

The question is then, do you need class D to run a pair of headphones or could you just run it on 1 ADH chip? You only need about 1 Watt or so don't you?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.