Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor on SAM?
I am using a Devialet 200 with Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor.

Do you think it is possible to use SAM on Cremona Auditor as it should be close to Cremona Auditor M? Anyone has tried this?

Any insights would be appreciated... thanks!

Voal
Devialet 200, Simaudio 180 MiND, Esound CD-E5, Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor, Triode Wire Labs Digital American Power Cord, Audience AU24 SE Speaker Cables, Plixir PSU for Simaudio 180 MiND.
(03-Jan-2015, 03:34)Voal Wrote: I am using a Devialet 200 with Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor.

Do you think it is possible to use SAM on Cremona Auditor as it should be close to Cremona Auditor M? Anyone has tried this?

Voal

generally speaking using SAM profile of one speaker with another will be frowned upon Smile and there is logic behind that which i understand and tend to accept but not necessarily follow Smile

check this thread and you will understand what i mean

http://devialetchat.com/Thread-SAM-ML-Th...-ML-Montis
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
Interesting. Thanks for the tip and I will definitely try and share useful insights!!

(03-Jan-2015, 11:50)amabrok Wrote:
(03-Jan-2015, 03:34)Voal Wrote: I am using a Devialet 200 with Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor.

Voal

generally speaking using SAM profile of one speaker with another will be frowned upon Smile and there is logic behind that which i understand and tend to accept but not necessarily follow Smile

check this thread and you will understand what i mean

http://devialetchat.com/Thread-SAM-ML-Th...-ML-Montis
Devialet 200, Simaudio 180 MiND, Esound CD-E5, Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor, Triode Wire Labs Digital American Power Cord, Audience AU24 SE Speaker Cables, Plixir PSU for Simaudio 180 MiND.

Voal

Thera are changes in crossover and in used speakers (woofer and tweeter). So IMO these are two different loudspeakers. Also sound is different among these two models Auditor and Auditor M.
(04-Jan-2015, 12:16)moreno1973 Wrote:

Voal

Thera are changes in crossover and in used speakers (woofer and tweeter). So IMO these are two different loudspeakers. Also sound is different among these two models Auditor and Auditor M.

Dear all,

Would like to report that SAM on Cremona Auditor is not ideal. SAM did change the sonic signature of these old speakers - I did hear a deeper bass. But overall not as engaging as without SAM - the soundstage is somewhat constricted.

Well... let's hope that Devialet would support Cremona Auditor soon.

Thanks everyone for the valuable insights!

Voal
Is not ideal because it is SAM for Auditor M not for Auditor.Wink

SAM with Auditor M gives more depth in łów tones. Acoustic instruments like cello sound more lifelike IMO.