Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
New Aurender models; X100 vs N100 vs N10 vs S10 ?
(14-Aug-2015, 04:42)ekovalsky Wrote:
(11-Aug-2015, 15:44)rwjr44 Wrote: Does anyone have an update on the N10?

My black N10 arrived yesterday.  I've only had a little time to listen to it so far, and at low volume as it was night time when I finally unpacked it and the family was already asleep.  My initial impression - it sounds fantastic.  I'm using the AES/EBU output to an all digital system of TacT RCS2.2X & S2150 amps.  The hardware and software work very smoothly together.  I'll report back after more serious listening this weekend.  I have the unit plugged into a PSAudio P10 regenerator and digital links are Acoustic Zen.

The Conductor app is very fast and seems quite capable, although it will take some getting used to after relying on Peng 8 with a (heavily modified) Slim Devices Transporter.  I picked up a new iPad Air 2 with an iPort case/stand which makes a nice looking interactive 'remote' - it protects the iPad and enables wireless charging in landscape or portrait orientation, I have the iPad locked in landscape mode.

The N10 is expensive an unit for sure, particularly compared to the lower range models.  It is very solidly built and quite heavy, uses all linear power supplies, and has a full complement of digital outputs.  Compared to the much more expensive W20 it is missing the external clock output and the battery power for the output (probably needed in the W20 since it does not use all linear power supplies like the N10).  

Initially I thought it was quite expensive but after pricing out a custom C.A.P.S. Pipeline v4 build and figuring in necessary profit margins for the manufacturer, distributor, and dealer, I think the purchase price I paid was very reasonable.  And of course one must expect to pay a premium for a well conceived and integrated hardware/software solution and the resulting simplicity in setup and use.

Did you compare the N10 to any of it's rivals prior to purchase?  Or even try against the W20 or lower priced versions?
I am also very interested to hear from people who are using the N10 with their Devialets. What were the Main reasons to chose the N10 over the others and how did you connect the N10. I haven't heard one at home myself, but hear very different stories about using either usb or AES/EBU te get the best sound from these sources.

Budget doesn't permit me yet to lend them myself and experience the differences myself. Just curious.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
Anyone compare the N10 to Air Ethernet? Sometimes I would just really enjoy taking the computer out of the musical system.
I have tried all kinds of source with my Devialet including air, mac, Auralic... even with Mutec in between.
Nothing came close to what I get with my N10, this is a fantastic streamer I would recommend to anyone.
F
Original d'Atelier No 91 Upgraded CI- Aurender N10- Chord Dave DAC-Chord Mscaler-B&W 800 D3- Isotek EVO3 Mosaic Genesis- Nordost Valhalla 2 power cable- Nordost Valhalla 2 speaker cables- Nordost QB4 and Qx4- Cabledyne RCA-XLR- Transparent Ref XL AES/EBU- Synergistic Atmosphere AC Power Cords- Light Harmonic LS USB- Mutec MC3+USB- Audioquest Diamond ethernet- Étalon ethernet isolator
Nice to read Frnch. And thank you very much for sharing your experience. Saving up to for a N10 myself, so this information is very valuable to me. Did you experiment with different Digital cables and outputs on the N10? I read very different reviews. Some favour the usb output, some the aes/ebu. Did you settle on the Transparent between Aurender and Devialet?
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
Yes I tried different cables with the USB and aes/ebu output, first aes/ebu is far superior to USB from my experience when connected to Devialet even if using top quality USB cable and going through Mutec and then to Devialet via aes/ebu, sometime keeping things simple is the best...my current setup is using the Transparent cable direct to Devialet, this is an expensive cable but really worth the investment if you can. I think many people using this one would agree it is amoung the best if not the best in this price range.
F
Original d'Atelier No 91 Upgraded CI- Aurender N10- Chord Dave DAC-Chord Mscaler-B&W 800 D3- Isotek EVO3 Mosaic Genesis- Nordost Valhalla 2 power cable- Nordost Valhalla 2 speaker cables- Nordost QB4 and Qx4- Cabledyne RCA-XLR- Transparent Ref XL AES/EBU- Synergistic Atmosphere AC Power Cords- Light Harmonic LS USB- Mutec MC3+USB- Audioquest Diamond ethernet- Étalon ethernet isolator
(01-Feb-2017, 18:11)Frnch Wrote: Yes I tried different cables with the USB and aes/ebu output, first aes/ebu is far superior to USB from my experience when connected to Devialet even if using top quality USB cable and going through Mutec and then to Devialet via aes/ebu, sometime keeping things simple is the best...my current setup is using the Transparent cable direct to Devialet, this is an expensive cable but really worth the investment if you can. I think many people using this one would agree it is amoung the best if not the best in this price range.
F

I agree it is an excellent cable. The best I've heard to date. 

I also use Transparent Ref XL between master and slave. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK