Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
New Aurender models; X100 vs N100 vs N10 vs S10 ?
(06-Mar-2015, 14:32)Confused Wrote: For me, this makes products like the Aria streamer or even the NAD M50 look interesting.  Both of these offer AES/EBU output, at half or third of the price of the Aurender N10.

Whilst the pricing of the N100 seems "reasonable" (in the US, at least) I don't want a streamer that only supprts USB. I agree that the N10 if it really is 'slightly more expensive that the S10' (the latter is a staggering £5500 in the UK) it seems hugely over priced in comparison with others on the market

To be frank I think a 'reasonable' price for the N100 even in the bizarrely inflated UK market would be £2,000 ($3,000) max and the N10 perhaps £3,000 ($4,500). That's allowing for the fact that they are 'premium' products. The technology involved is fairly simple compared to a Devialet 120 and I can't believe the case costs as much...
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(06-Mar-2015, 15:11)amabrok Wrote:
(06-Mar-2015, 14:41)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(06-Mar-2015, 14:32)Confused Wrote: For me, this makes products like the Aria streamer or even the NAD M50 look interesting.  Both of these offer AES/EBU output, at half or third of the price of the Aurender N10.

When I tested the Auralic Aries the USB output was considerably better than the AES/EBU output. I don't think the type of digital output necessarily guarantees anything, even if the Devialet's AES/EBU input is supposed to be the best qualitatively speaking. Only way to know is to test in your own system, hi-fi is always full of surprises as you know.  Wink

Guillaume

Hi Guillaume

This is indeed surprising. If you remember when I tested N1Z vs X100L vs Aries, I initially used the Aries with digital coax then later swapped to USB which was a lightyear ahead of coax. However I was expecting AES/EBU to sound at least on par with USB if not better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-------------------

It might.

Note that he has D800, and a different setup than yours.
D400; Stereolab Tombo Tron coaxial for master -> slave; Kubala-Sosna Elation interconnects, power, and speaker cables; Spendor D7 speakers; Bryston BDP-2 w. latest sound card & upgraded fuses; Bybee Stealth Power Purifier conditioner connected with IsoTek EVO3 Syncro SE to wall socket
The N10 is again on AURENDER web, and the good news is that it now has 4 To INTERNAL storage :-)))

Also, it mention "On-the-fly precision DSD to PCM Conversion by FPGA". This is very interesting for NON-DSD Dacs. is the N10 the only AURENDER with this option ?
(26-Jul-2015, 17:26)bmichels Wrote: The N10 is again on AURENDER web, and the good news is that it now has 4 To INTERNAL storage :-)))

Also, it mention "On-the-fly precision DSD to PCM Conversion by FPGA". This is very interesting for NON-DSD Dacs.  is the N10 the only AURENDER with this option ?

W20 also does "On-the-fly precision DSD to PCM Conversion by FPGA". None of the others have enough horsepower.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
(26-Jul-2015, 17:26)bmichels Wrote: The N10 is again on AURENDER web, and the good news is that it now has 4 To INTERNAL storage :-)))

Also, it mention "On-the-fly precision DSD to PCM Conversion by FPGA". This is very interesting for NON-DSD Dacs.  is the N10 the only AURENDER with this option ?

I went to a dealer to audition an N10 that was part of a $100K+ system (which did not include Devialet units).

The system sounded inferior to my Devialet 400 fed by a Bryston BDP-2 with the new sound card that Bryston introduced in the middle of May.
(My system, including Kubala Sosna Elation cables, Tombo Tron coax for the link between the master and slave,
Bryston BDP-2 streamer, Bybee power conditioner + tweaks is probably $53K.)

I personally do not need the DSD to PCM Conversion.

Especially now that the Devialet expert line can play DSD64.

So, if you are looking for a high-quality streamer, I highly recommend the Bryston BDP-2 with the new sound card ($3K).
D400; Stereolab Tombo Tron coaxial for master -> slave; Kubala-Sosna Elation interconnects, power, and speaker cables; Spendor D7 speakers; Bryston BDP-2 w. latest sound card & upgraded fuses; Bybee Stealth Power Purifier conditioner connected with IsoTek EVO3 Syncro SE to wall socket
(28-Jul-2015, 02:03)miro Wrote:

I went to a dealer to audition an N10 that was part of a $100K+ system (which did not include Devialet units).

The system sounded inferior to my Devialet 400 fed by a Bryston BDP-2 with the new sound card that Bryston introduced in the middle of May.
(My system, including Kubala Sosna Elation cables, Tombo Tron coax for the link between the master and slave,

So, if you are looking for a high-quality streamer, I highly recommend the Bryston BDP-2 with the new sound card ($3K).

Thanks very much. I will llok at the Bryston BDP-2, but... does this streamer has an iPad APP as robust, as fluid and as convenient than the AURENDER APP ? The AURENDER iPad APP is really very very convenient and snappy !
seems like a lot of parts in a chain for that 100k+ system to completely disregard the aurender!

for instance ive heard kef blades at a showroom near me before and they were absolutely horrendous but im sure its just the lack of attention to setting them up properly that was the problem!
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
(28-Jul-2015, 07:28)bmichels Wrote:
(28-Jul-2015, 02:03)miro Wrote:

Thanks very much.  I will llok at the Bryston BDP-2, but... does this streamer has an iPad APP as robust, as fluid and as convenient than the AURENDER APP ?  The AURENDER iPad APP is really very very convenient and snappy !

I use the mPaD app for iPad (costs $2.99 or $3.99) to control the BDP-2.
This app is very robust, and I have had no issues with it, once I learnt how to use it.

There is also the mPoD app for iPod, which is developed by the same company that has made mPaD.
(28-Jul-2015, 08:39)completeluxury Wrote: seems like a lot of parts in a chain for that 100k+ system to completely disregard the aurender!

for instance ive heard kef blades at a showroom near me before and they were absolutely horrendous but im sure its just the lack of attention to setting them up properly that was the problem!

Well, that was in the showroom of a dealer.
I am sure that they have done the best that they could to optimize the performance.

You should absolutely look at the N10, but also compare it with the Bryston BDP-2 ($3K in the US) with the new sound card.
(28-Jul-2015, 10:14)miro Wrote: I use the mPaD app for iPad (costs $2.99 or $3.99) to control the BDP-2.
This app is very robust, and I have had no issues with it, once I learnt how to use it.

There is also the mPoD app for iPod, which is developed by the same company that has made mPaD.

I use these same apps with my totaldac d1 server and I have to say I really like them. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK