Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crackling noise with AIR WLAN
I have bought the Devialet 120 (Ensemble) a few weeks ago. I´m using a two Apple MacBooks with the newest OS Yosemite and a Apple Extreme one meter next to the Devialet.

I have a lot of problems streaming with AIR by WLAN. The WLAN signal is fine, but at irregular intervals I get ugly crackling noise and other noises (I think no "white noise") mixed with the music. Strangely the noise is gone, in the silent music moments.

I have testet AIR with ETHERNET and so as far as I could tested this, there are no problems with AIR Ethernet (the MacBook sends the signal still by WLAN to the Apple Extreme in this case).

So it seems that the Deviate WLAN component is defective.

Does anyone have similar problems or solutions ?

Thanks !
You'll find lots about this on the forum.

I use an Apple MBP, an Airport Extreme and both AIR wifi and AIR ethernet. I reliably get noise mixed with the music, which stops when the music stops.

The noise is not instantaneous - sometimes it comes after 15 minutes, sometimes after 4 hours.

Devialet are aware of it, and have been for months, and have reproduced it in their offices. But they have not solved it yet.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
I only experienced this cracking noise (not white noise) few times with my MBP and Air over WLAN. I noticed though that this only happened when my MBP was recovering from hibernation and very busy reloading and refreshing everything.

In those few incidents the issue disappeared when I restarted my MBP and allowed a clean reboot and not just resume from hibernation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
I just wanted to share that since I downgrade to Mavericks and installed old AIR, cracking nose decreased substantially.
Just to be clear on that, when it was with Mavericks and new AIR 2.3 I heared a lot of kracking and other noises, things really get batter only when Ii stalled the older AIR app.
Devialet 800| B&W 802 Diamond | JL 113 | Linn Akurate DS + Denon HEOS for Spotify | Stealth Reverie speaker cables| Audioprana AES/RCA | DH LABS PC 
I've specifically kept an old iMac running OSX 10.6.8 Snow Leopard and AIR 2.1.2 because I have had absolutely no problems with that configuration whatsoever. I can stream 24/96 or even 24/192 wirelessly with no drop-outs or white noise.

My concern is that I may be forced to upgrade to Mavericks or Yosemite in order to be able to take advantage of future developments like Dialog and Spark and then expose myself to the various problems that others have experienced...
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
Strange, my dealer told me, that I am the only customer with this problems and Devialet was clueless.

That seems to be not quite the truth...very dissapointing
(13-Jan-2015, 20:50)midi Wrote: Strange, my dealer told me, that I am the only customer with this problems and Devialet was clueless.

I can assure you your dealer is wrong - Devialet has reproduced this problem themselves with Apple kit - they "just" need to solve it!
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(13-Jan-2015, 22:34)IanG-UK Wrote:
(13-Jan-2015, 20:50)midi Wrote: Strange, my dealer told me, that I am the only customer with this problems and Devialet was clueless.

I can assure you your dealer is wrong - Devialet has reproduced this problem themselves with Apple kit - they "just" need to solve it!

You have been there for months and still no solution ?

I think we will not get a solution...Devialet will suggest to by the DIALOG and to use SPARK. Acceptable after spending a lot of EUROS for a not proper working system ?
They are working on a fix now for 2.1.4.

(14-Jan-2015, 11:30)madumm Wrote: They are working on a fix now for 2.1.4.

thanks, but as I have bought the 120, I thought I will be no AIR beta-tester...