Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D-Premier to D250 Upgrade
Anyone know how much it costs for the upgrade? The offer disappeared from website
(13-Jan-2015, 11:43)warpeon Wrote: Anyone know how much it costs for the upgrade? The offer disappeared from website

About a year ago I payed an amount of € 3490,-. That was for the full upgrade. 
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
Thanks! Was thinking to buy a second hand d-premier and upgrade or a d200 with new speakers
IMO the 200 is a better bet if your speakers are sammed..you can also later on get companion and have a 400.

I sat in the same position, a DPremier unupgraded vs a 200.

Wattage is not an issue, the d prem has an extra 40 over the DP thats nothing to get concerned about
My speakers wont be sammed, so it took that out the picture.
Eventually I went for the DP and will use it as is with no plans to upgrade ...
However the moment my speakers get Sammed, I will spring for a 400 or 800 and flog the DP.

There was a price issue, the DP was $6900...price from agents for the 200 was $9500 or so.
I read a few posts where it was claimed that the sound quality of the old Dp was on par with the 250 but the DP is missing ethernet and usb, none of those were deal breakers.

I now have the opportunity to get another DP for $6900 and make me a 500.
But I have intentions. of biamping with a crown amp for the bass, so one DP is enough.
vertical biamping is different to a 400 or 800 condfig, with them you get monoblocks, whereas the vertical biamping are the amps used in stereo mode.
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room
Get the DP and upgrade it, the 250 is a really sweet machine.
(15-Jan-2015, 01:07)Ekmanc Wrote: Get the DP and upgrade it, the 250 is a really sweet machine.
+1
I've never regretted the upgrade.
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
$4250 for me...just did it about 30 days ago although i understand it was one of, if not, the last upgrade kits in North America.

Digital: ROON on Synology & SONOS Connect
Analog: Marantz TT-15s1 - ClearAudio Virtuoso MM Wood

Main: Devialet D250 - KEF LS50
Thanks all. Very useful insights. I think I wont go with dp. Instead d200 may be my best bet - 2x d200 will only cost slightly more than dp second hand + upgrade. I could get a d200 now and get the second one when I really need the power.
I don't believe upgrades are available any more. I thought the program was ended by Devialet.
Devialet 1000 Pro Core Infinity, Magico M3, Nordost Frey 2 speaker cable, PS Audio P15 Power Plant, Shunyata Alpha EF AC cable, Mac Mini running ROON.