Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JRiver for Mac & Devialet Air Ethernet
Hoping someone can provide some help.

I have JRiver for mac running on my mac mini. It accesses my NAS via ethernet.

I'm trying to use JRiver and stream the music to my Devialet via Air.

In JRiver for mac there is either the normal core audio setting, or a Devialet core audio option. Which one am i meant to select?

I have tried both settings and then played some music. I then select Devialet Air in the toolbar to activate Devialet Air but no music plays. I have tried iTunes and also YouTube through my web browser and when i select Devialet Air the music plays through the Devialet so it seems Air works for other programs.

I just can't seem to work out how to use JRiver and Devialet Air together. What am i doing wrong??

Thanks for your help. 
check this thread, it has tons of info about jriver, tweaks, etc

http://devialetchat.com/Thread-Jriver-and-Devialet
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(15-Jan-2015, 13:17)wikeeboy Wrote: Hoping someone can provide some help.

In JRiver for mac there is either the normal core audio setting, or a Devialet core audio option. Which one am i meant to select?

I have tried both settings and then played some music. I then select Devialet Air in the toolbar to activate Devialet Air but no music plays. I have tried iTunes and also YouTube through my web browser and when i select Devialet Air the music plays through the Devialet so it seems Air works for other programs.

I just can't seem to work out how to use JRiver and Devialet Air together. What am i doing wrong??

Thanks for your help. 

Devialet core.. and the link previously posted should get you there..
(15-Jan-2015, 13:17)wikeeboy Wrote: Hoping someone can provide some help.

Thanks for your help. 
Hi Wikeeboy,

I've just gone over to an iMac and am having exactly the same problems as you describe.  Did you find a fix? If so can you help me please?

Cheers,

Al.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
I tried and got exactly the same result - think it is a Yosemite/JRiver/Air problem which might be difficult to sort.

Had a laptop which worked fine with iTunes/Air without any white noise even - as soon as JRiver was put on instead of iTunes got this result.

Built a complete new Mac install and got the same result so some incompatibility for sure.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
Sorry, didn't get it working. Now i use a modded Sonos as my source instead, no problems at all Smile

I know it is very frustrating though for anyone wanting to use JRiver/JRemote which is a really good program and app (remote).
(04-Apr-2015, 13:05)wikeeboy Wrote: Sorry, didn't get it working. Now i use a modded Sonos as my source instead, no problems at all Smile

I know it is very frustrating though for anyone wanting to use JRiver/JRemote which is a really good program and app (remote).

Hi,

Thanks for the info.

I have a Sonos connect in my system.  So, can it be modified to play high resolution files? Where did you get it modded and, if you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost? 

Cheers, 

Al.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
As far as I know, modded Sonos Connect does not play anything above 16/44.1 bitrates.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Just come across this:
http://rogueamoeba.com/freebies/soundflower/

A virtual interconnect.

I've got JRiver working with iMac/ Devialet.  It's got a dose of the chipmunks at the moment, but hopefully it's a configuration problem....
South Coast England