Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Connecting headphones to a Devialet
(23-Nov-2014, 13:50)agentsmith Wrote: One new issue with headphones listening on the Devialet.

I just added a turntable to my setup with great success, the phono section of the Devialet is fantastic, making me question why I have gone all digital all along.

My issue is with headphones listening. My normal routine with digital sources is to select the source, choose pre-out on and mute the volume to shut up the speakers with the headphones output active.

That routine does not work with phono. When I mute the speakers the headphones got muted also.

Any suggestion to solving that problem?

Check in the configurator: Phono Settings > Special Modes > Sub/PreOut enabled. This should be enabled.
(23-Nov-2014, 18:02)Mohmm Wrote: Check in the configurator: Phono Settings > Special Modes > Sub/PreOut enabled. This should be enabled.

Thanks, I checked and it was enabled. Tried disabled and toggle Pre-Out on from the Remote, same result. The headphones has sound, but if I put mute on, the headphones got muted too. Forcing me to have the speakers and headphones both on at the same time.

i think there is a bug somewhere?
every output has a setting: mute applies to this output. Enable it for the speakers and disable it for pre out. Never tried it, but it should work.
Yes it works Smile
Of course if you don't disable mute for pre out, you cannot use headphones.
Best regards,
Sylvain
(25-Nov-2014, 19:21)Vivialet Wrote: every output has a setting: mute applies to this output. Enable it for the speakers and disable it for pre out. Never tried it, but it should work.
Devialet 800, Focal Utopia Diva (SAM), Roon 1.3 (build 242, Devialet Air in Roon) + Audio PC (customized Windows 10) + Android app
France
(25-Nov-2014, 19:21)Vivialet Wrote: every output has a setting: mute applies to this output. Enable it for the speakers and disable it for pre out. Never tried it, but it should work.

You are right, Mute is still enabled for pre-out when I checked.

But strangely, I un-ticked Mute for that output and save to file, but when I tested by reloading the file, somehow Mute is enabled again no matter how many times I tried. Very strange

I think I need to file a bug report.
This is a old bug on some settings only. When you reload the file it says the opposite then when you saved it ! But actually the good setting is saved correctly in the file. You can check by editing the config file. Funny why Devialet is not addressing those bugs, it seems not difficult to fix once for all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PS Audio P3 - Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI - Tanagra Audio Iris - Micromega CD-30 - Roon - Mac Mini - Entreq Silver Minimus Apollo Eartha RCA - Shunyata Omega Ethernet - Dela S100/OP-S100
Yes, some update.

I just tried it and it actually was saved.

Now listening to Jeff Buckley LP on headphones while wife watching TV

I am a happy camper again Smile

Thanks Phil, thanks Vivialet, you guys are super helpful

John
Another problem with the configurator... there are many of them Angry

(27-Nov-2014, 15:10)agentsmith Wrote:

You are right, Mute is still enabled for pre-out when I checked.

But strangely, I un-ticked Mute for that output and save to file, but when I tested by reloading the file, somehow Mute is enabled again no matter how many times I tried. Very strange

I think I need to file a bug report.
Devialet 800, Focal Utopia Diva (SAM), Roon 1.3 (build 242, Devialet Air in Roon) + Audio PC (customized Windows 10) + Android app
France
(23-Nov-2014, 13:50)agentsmith Wrote: One new issue with headphones listening on the Devialet.

I just added a turntable to my setup with great success, the phono section of the Devialet is fantastic, making me question why I have gone all digital all along.

My issue is with headphones listening. My normal routine with digital sources is to select the source, choose pre-out on and mute the volume to shut up the speakers with the headphones output active.

That routine does not work with phono. When I mute the speakers the headphones got muted also.

Any suggestion to solving that problem?

I also got this problem on all input…but my version is 120with preout
(27-Nov-2014, 15:34)philoouu Wrote: This is a old bug on some settings only. When you reload the file it says the opposite then when you saved it ! But actually the good setting is saved correctly in the file. You can check by editing the config file. Funny why Devialet is not addressing those bugs, it seems not difficult to fix once for all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi,phi
do you still got the problem?

(27-Nov-2014, 15:37)agentsmith Wrote: Yes, some update.

I just tried it and it actually was saved.

Now listening to Jeff Buckley LP on headphones while wife watching TV

I am a happy camper again Smile

Thanks Phil, thanks Vivialet, you guys are super helpful

John

do you mean you have solved the problem?