Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIR installation on mac - what am I doing wrong?
Hi, just got a 120 and using it with a mac mini and toslink that used to drive my Naim DAC.
i'd like to try AIR, but i can dowload and install the foftware, but NOTHING happens when i click it.....
Stumped....
Thanks
Brendan
Devialet 250 FW 9.0.1 SOLD
Replaced with Naim NSC222 and NAP250 NC

Atohm GT SE1, REL stereo Subwoofers. Atacama stands filled with atabites. Granite speaker stand plinths. Mogami speaker cables, Music Works heavy duty power cable.
Quadraspire 'toilet seat' acrylic rack
Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1
- Qobuz/Audirvana Studio/ Audirvana app on iPad (Via Mac mini)
2. Vertere DG-1 with Magneto upgraded to fine line stylus

fire up iTunes or other media player

double click on the devialet programme which you will find in Launchpad

then look in top right menu bar - where your clock wifi indicator is etc and there should be a greyed out devialet icon

right click on it for the drop down menu and you should be good to go
Thanks,
Spotted that now. still nothing coming through to 120.
120 shows wi fi active

Atohm GT SE1, REL stereo Subwoofers. Atacama stands filled with atabites. Granite speaker stand plinths. Mogami speaker cables, Music Works heavy duty power cable.
Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1

check your wireless router to see if the devialet has connected to it - if you have an airport router, you can do this via airport utility on the mac.

page through the devialet support panels (to access, hold down the right most button on the remote for a few seconds) to see if it shows an ip address on the wifi panel...which raises a more basic question:

have you connected the amp to the network via the configurator?
(Marantz cd7 || Linn-Lyra Kleos || Naim NAT01 || Roon Rock) -> DM CI -> Magico S5, with various wires interceding, mostly Transparent, the rest Opaque, I suppose
OK configuration.
Mac Mini 2011 Os 10.9.5 Audirvana 2.0
On Apple network consisting of a Time Capsule

The 120 is set up with wi fi on and logged to the network.
It shows an IP address and also appears in the AIR software as 'My devialet'
Still nothing though...

Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1

What's the wifi signal level showing on the Air settings screen? Generally if it's below -55dBm the performance can be poor, although the
problem I saw in that situation was intermittent drop-outs/buffering rather than silence, so I suspect that this is not your issue. The solution in my case was to use an airport express as a wireless extender and park it next to the devialet.

Also, one thing that is not clear from your description is whether or not the computer that is running Air is also connected directly to the devialet via toslink. If it is, you may want to try disconnecting the toslink cable. I have a mac mini hooked up to my devialet (via USB) and can stream to it via Air from a different mac. I've never tried to connect via Air from a PC that is also directly connected by some other route.

FWIW, I've tried Air, toslink and USB and have found direct connection by USB to provide better sound than connection by toslink and a more reliable connection (obviously) than Air does.

Finally, the config question I was asking was whether or not you'd linked the devialet to your network via the devialet software configurator. It sounds like you must have done that or it would not be visible to Air, but I ask it again just in case.
(Marantz cd7 || Linn-Lyra Kleos || Naim NAT01 || Roon Rock) -> DM CI -> Magico S5, with various wires interceding, mostly Transparent, the rest Opaque, I suppose
(24-Jan-2015, 21:51)franchiser Wrote: What's the wifi signal level showing on the Air settings screen?  Generally if it's below -55dBm the performance can be poor, although the
problem I saw in that situation was intermittent drop-outs/buffering rather than silence, so I suspect that this is not your issue.   The solution in my case was to use an airport express as a wireless extender and park it next to the devialet.

Also, one thing that is not clear from your description is whether or not the computer that is running Air is also connected directly to the devialet via toslink.  If it is, you may want to try disconnecting the toslink cable.  I have a mac mini hooked up to my devialet (via USB) and can stream to it via Air from a different mac.  I've never tried to connect via Air from a PC that is also directly connected by some other route.    

FWIW, I've tried Air, toslink and USB and have found direct connection by USB to provide better sound than connection by toslink and a more reliable connection (obviously) than Air does.  

Finally, the config question I was asking was whether or not you'd linked the devialet to your network via the devialet software configurator.  It sounds like you must have done that or it would not be visible to Air, but I ask it again just in case.
You should also check in System Preferences>Sound that the Selected output is Devialet Air once the Devialet icon turns to black in the menu bar
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
(24-Jan-2015, 18:59)ÑDelaneyB Wrote: OK configuration.
Mac Mini 2011 Os 10.9.5 Audirvana 2.0
On Apple network consisting of a Time Capsule

The 120 is set up with wi fi on and logged to the network.
It shows an IP address and also appears in the AIR software as 'My devialet'
Still nothing though...

The audirvana 2.0 explain most of it.

Basically i have given up air with Audirvana. You can make it work, but not always, and not changing easily sampling rates and bit depths.

The only way to make it work is going to preferences, and in the second tab (i am not in front of the system until Wednesday), tick all check boxes off, and add them back on by one. It is possible that in your system, it only works with all out.

But you'll be better off with USB with a good cable.
Oslo: sources: Mac Mini/Itunes/Audirvana,  glassfiber toslink/Mapleshade clearview USB to D200;
Double helix to Gallo Strada 2 with mapleshade stands, TR3 subwoofer.

Spain: Oppo 95 vacuumstate modded, Kimber select 1021, Linn Classik Movie Di to Gallo Solos through Goertz Python cable

Thanks everyone.
Cracked it.
Needed to set the correct output in Audirvana (Doh!)
Wifi - no good here as so many signals (I live in a block of 300 flats) it drops out continually.
Ethernet - not physically possible.
USB - not as good but it was with a basic printer cable.
Optical is fine so far.

Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1

PS selling £30,000 worth of Naim kit as a £5000 120 does the job equally well....

Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1