Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIR installation on mac - what am I doing wrong?
(25-Jan-2015, 17:28)DelaneyB Wrote: Thanks everyone.
Cracked it.
Needed to set the correct output in Audirvana (Doh!)
Wifi - no good here as so many signals (I live in a block of 300 flats) it drops out continually.
Ethernet - not physically possible.
USB - not as good but it was with a basic printer cable.
Optical is fine so far.

Buy a Apple router and set up a privat network ,Thai will do it 
https://help.devialet.com/entries/240932...t-AIR-help
Roon Nuceleus + Core/Tidal > Rood Ready wired ethernet > Keces P8 LPS > EtherRegan switch > D250 PRO > Sonus Faber Cremona M
Nordost Frey 2 Power cable - Blue Jeans Speaker Cables - Audioquest Diamond and Supra cat8 ethernet cables
Other: Ipad air with ROON Control / Pro Ject ground base - ISO Acoustics Orea - Herbie Tenderfoots 
"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Almost necessary to start a new thread: AIR deinstall on Mac -what I am doing wrong? I decided to get rid off the AIR application on my Mac because it became dysfunctional where as the early versions worked at least at low bit rate. I am using Audirvana+ and USB now. Maybe the Dialog will work in the future with Spark (and AIR). I hope that Spark will not be a repeat of the AIR problems.
After I removed AIR(the software) from my macbook Devialet AIR stayed in Audio Midi as an output. The - bottom was grayed out and thus it can not be removed! Keeping it in Audio midi causes major problems on the computer as it often switches to AIR as an output and therefore no sound (does not happen is AIR is installed but inactive). I had to go to sound in preferences an switch back to internal output.
I got rid of AIR! Devialet support told me to use terminal command and it worked without problem. I am not fond of software which is so difficult to uninstall!
Glad you got it sorted. Please could you let us know what the command was, in case anyone else need to use it?

Thanks!
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
One step forward two back.
I found AIR was dropping on WiFi so I've moved an old Airport Extreme to beside the system and tried to get ethernet going between the two devices using the extreme as a local router. No luck with anything.
Set Devialet AIR on AV2 and output to Devialet AIR on Mac.
Ethernet connection is working on the mac mini and Wi fi too.

Either Wifi or Ethernet
Both show an active DHCP connection on the devialet, and on AIR on the Mac, and the volume control on AIR and on Audirvana moves when I move the devialet remote.
However nothing plays....
Devialet 250 FW 9.0.1 SOLD
Replaced with Naim NSC222 and NAP250 NC

Atohm GT SE1, REL stereo Subwoofers. Atacama stands filled with atabites. Granite speaker stand plinths. Mogami speaker cables, Music Works heavy duty power cable.
Quadraspire 'toilet seat' acrylic rack
Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1
- Qobuz/Audirvana Studio/ Audirvana app on iPad (Via Mac mini)
2. Vertere DG-1 with Magneto upgraded to fine line stylus

You may try playing with the settings in the second tab of Audirvana.

Discard first integer mode, then go on discarding items of that area of the tab. 

It will work with everything else taken out, but then why use Audirvana at all...
Oslo: sources: Mac Mini/Itunes/Audirvana,  glassfiber toslink/Mapleshade clearview USB to D200;
Double helix to Gallo Strada 2 with mapleshade stands, TR3 subwoofer.

Spain: Oppo 95 vacuumstate modded, Kimber select 1021, Linn Classik Movie Di to Gallo Solos through Goertz Python cable

I'll try just iTunes again, but it didnt work last time.
There does seem to be quite a delay though after switching source as WiFi suddenly came on stream when I thought it wasnt going to!
B

Atohm GT SE1, REL stereo Subwoofers. Atacama stands filled with atabites. Granite speaker stand plinths. Mogami speaker cables, Music Works heavy duty power cable.
Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1

(02-Feb-2015, 14:22)DelaneyB Wrote: I'll try just iTunes again, but it didnt work last time.
There does seem to be quite a delay though after switching source as WiFi suddenly came on stream when I thought it wasnt going to!
B

The delay (about 2 - 3 seconds) is the playback buffer to stop the stream being interrupted by bad network performance (I think)
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
OK,
btw, does the colour of 'Ethernet' in the 120 info display mean anything?
Mine is orange and stays that way

Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1

I've been playing with the ethernet settings.
Took AV2 off to stop confusion.
Setup is a Mac Mini running AIR from iTunes

WiFi works when connected to my home wifi network, but we have about about 8 devices connected and there are 30 networks viewable locally so it keeps on dropping out.

I've tried every combination of DHCP/manual, different leads, different routers but I cannot get a 'working' light on the router for the 120. Starting to think I have a faulty unit....

Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1