Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Masters?
(25-Jan-2015, 18:46)NickB Wrote:
(25-Jan-2015, 16:15)amabrok Wrote:
(25-Jan-2015, 15:44)Tony Wrote: F1, in the dual Master setup, is the purpose of the digital cable link just to handle wireless / AIR inputs?. My chain of thought on the shared nothing approach was that sound wise this may be better then having the digital link in place which , given the posts re sound quality of the supplied cables vs 'better' cable must impact on the sound.
The digital wired link is the only way (so far) to set two Ds in a dual mono configuration

In case of the two masters, one of them is demoted to a slave status

In any case, of you think of it, a slave unit is exactly like a master unit minus the WiFi module, that's the only difference.

So a slave unit D200 or D250 can operate on its own as a stereo system but of course you will miss the WiFi functionality and the physical remote

As I was in Spain for a break a friend picked up my slave 200 to use at home till my return, just so everyone is aware it is not just the WiFi unit it is the whole network unit that is missing from a slave !!!! Certainly that seems to be the case on mine so without a remote you cannot use it as a stand alone.

Nick

This is odd. Ethernet connection is built in and some members here were using a slave unit for quite some time and connecting it to their local network via ethernet and from there controlling it using the devialet app on any mobile device connected to the same LAN

I assume your friend just forgot to enable the the ethernet connection when configuring the slave unit as a stand alone stereo D200

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE