Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing SAM Level Adjustment/Configurator Down
It won't generate the config file for me.  Luckily I backed up the file from the dealer demo unit before picking mine up today.

I've tied every browser in the house, Safari, IE and Chrome.
But I notice that I no longer have the option to set SAM % with this new unit. It's still 7.1.1 firmware and I can turn SAM on and off via the Remote.

I can't create a new config from scratch because the configurator is messed up right now. Uggggh!
Can you set the Bass and Treble levels ? If yes, then SAM % adjustment should be within the same menu and u access it by repeatedly pressing the same button u programmed as "Tone".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
Yes, I can set Bass and Treble but I don't have SAM % as the next option.  I did on the demo unit from the dealer but not on this brand new unit.

I have SAM enabled and have configured the center button to turn it on and off.  SAM is on, but still no option to change it.

I've created a new config from scratch and that didn't help either.

HW: 5.0.0
SW: 7.1.1
DSPM: 7.5
Duet: 5.3 BL: 2.1
FPGA: 5.2
ADHL: 3.3
ADHR: 3.3
I2S: 3.7
DSPD: 2.1
USB: 5.1
(25-Jan-2015, 06:51)Dr Tone Wrote: Yes, I can set Bass and Treble but I don't have SAM % as the next option.  I did on the demo unit from the dealer but not on this brand new unit.

I have SAM enabled and have configured the center button to turn it on and off.  SAM is on, but still no option to change it.

Then my friend I'm afraid this is yet another bug!!!

Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis

Dubai, UAE
...this ONLINE configurator is scaring me out of buying one of this devices...please let us know when it all is fixed
(25-Jan-2015, 06:51)Dr Tone Wrote: Yes, I can set Bass and Treble but I don't have SAM % as the next option.  I did on the demo unit from the dealer but not on this brand new unit.

I thought the ability to choose the SAM ratio was supposed to be removed in a newer FW version, which could have explained your issue. But it looks like it's still available on 7.1.1, according to posts #16 to 19 of http://devialetchat.com/Thread-SAM-effects?page=2, and should finally not be removed. Have you tried the (official) online Devialet help desk?
I note that the latest Devialet website in the new firmware 7.1.1 section states "SAM setting menu (in the Tone menu) only if SAM is ON". On my amps, the SAM setting is in the tone menu (SAM %) irrespective of whether or not SAM is set on or off. This goes back to the theory that there may be subtly different versions of 7.1.1. I did think of re-downloading 7.1.1 this morning to try, but hearing about all the recent configurator issues I decided to leave a working system well alone!

Out of interest, does anyone see the SAM % options disappear from the tone menu if SAM is switched off? (That is SAM toggled off, rather than SAM not configured at all)
(25-Jan-2015, 12:34)Confused Wrote: I note that the latest Devialet website in the new firmware 7.1.1 section states "SAM setting menu (in the Tone menu) only if SAM is ON". On my amps, the SAM setting is in the tone menu (SAM %) irrespective of whether or not SAM is set on or off. This goes back to the theory that there may be subtly different versions of 7.1.1. I did think of re-downloading 7.1.1 this morning to try, but hearing about all the recent configurator issues I decided to leave a working system well alone!

Out of interest, does anyone see the SAM % options disappear from the tone menu if SAM is switched off? (That is SAM toggled off, rather than SAM not configured at all)

For me the SAM % option is not related to toggling SAM on/off. The option is always there in the tone menu as long as a SAM profile is selected and activated in the configurator.

Dubai, UAE
I sent a support request to Devialet last night.

I might reload the firmware from the website today.