Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing SAM Level Adjustment/Configurator Down
(25-Jan-2015, 09:49)clint60 Wrote: ...this ONLINE configurator is scaring me out of buying one of this devices...please let us know when it all is fixed

That's just silly talk.
Reinstalling the firmware FIXED the problem! Sweet!!!!!
(25-Jan-2015, 16:42)Dr Tone Wrote:
(25-Jan-2015, 09:49)clint60 Wrote: ...this ONLINE configurator is scaring me out of buying one of this devices...please let us know when it all is fixed

That's just silly talk.

No problems with them going offline for any reason or with the reported bugs, then.
(25-Jan-2015, 16:51)clint60 Wrote:

That's just silly talk.

No problems with them going offline for any reason or with the reported bugs, then.

I don't think they were offline after rebooting my router magically fixed the problem.  As for bugs, I deal with them all day everyday as I'm a software developer.  Devialet has been nothing but exceptional in responding to any questions I've sent them.

In this case it was the weekend so support isn't in, and I just logically worked through the problem and found a fix before they got in Monday and probably suggest I reinstalling the firmware just like I did.
(25-Jan-2015, 17:17)Dr Tone Wrote:
(25-Jan-2015, 16:51)clint60 Wrote:

That's just silly talk.

I don't think they were offline after rebooting my router magically fixed the problem.  As for bugs, I deal with them all day everyday as I'm a software developer.  Devialet has been nothing but exceptional in responding to any questions I've sent them.

In this case it was the weekend so support isn't in, and I just logically worked through the problem and found a fix before they got in Monday and probably suggest I reinstalling the firmware just like I did.

It is fair to say that the Configurator is generally robust for setting up a single Devialet.  For dual mono though, this is not the case.  Devialet themselves admit that there are issues with the configurator and that they are working on a robust solution.  They do appear to be taking a LONG time though.....
I got a response from Devialet support. They proceeded to tell me that SAM was removed from the most recent firmware.

Obviously a bullshit answer because my firmware was 7.1.1 and reinstalling 7.1.1 gave me the SAM % back.
(26-Jan-2015, 14:30)Dr Tone Wrote: I got a response from Devialet support.  They proceeded to tell me that SAM was removed from the most recent firmware.

Obviously a bullshit answer because my firmware was 7.1.1 and reinstalling 7.1.1 gave me the SAM % back.

And now he's telling me that it was removed from a later 7.1.1 firmware.  If devialet is adding or removing features and keeping the firmware number the same, they may need to send their engineers back to school.
The SAM % feature works well, plus many use it for their regular listening set up. Why would they want to remove it?
I'm going to ask for this new firmware without SAM Adjustment. I assume it's fixed at 50% or something? That is the default value isn't it?
I had previously reported that the firmware date on 7.1.1 had changed. Guess they did actually change it and didn't up the number. That's pretty ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Digital: ROON on Synology & SONOS Connect
Analog: Marantz TT-15s1 - ClearAudio Virtuoso MM Wood

Main: Devialet D250 - KEF LS50