Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAM On or Off at Turn On?
If you have your Devialet configured with a SAM profile, when you turn your Devialet on, is SAM 'on' as default or 'off'? Or is the default whatever it was before previous shutdown?
Hey wikeeboy, turn on DEV and SAM it's on by default.

Sent by iPad
(25-Jan-2015, 12:44)Elztalbiker Wrote: Hey wikeeboy, turn on DEV and SAM it's on by default.

Sent by iPad

Thanks for the reply.

I have 2 sets of speakers in my lounge, one is SAM enabled, the other isn't. My Devialet is configured with the SAM profile of my SAM enabled speakers. So if i use the non enabled speakers, every time i turn the devialet on i will have to turn SAM 'off'? Does it not keep the last preset before you turned the devialet off?
(25-Jan-2015, 13:11)wikeeboy Wrote:
(25-Jan-2015, 12:44)Elztalbiker Wrote: Hey wikeeboy, turn on DEV and SAM it's on by default.

Sent by iPad

Thanks for the reply.

I have 2 sets of speakers in my lounge, one is SAM enabled, the other isn't. My Devialet is configured with the SAM profile of my SAM enabled speakers. So if i use the non enabled speakers, every time i turn the devialet on i will have to turn SAM 'off'? Does it not keep the last preset before you turned the devialet off?
In my opinion, the best thing would be to have two SDcard, one with the setting for each pair of speaker. When you swap speakers you also swap the SDCard and this way the Dev is always configured properly for the pair you have connected to it.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
(25-Jan-2015, 13:16)Jean-Marie Wrote:
(25-Jan-2015, 13:11)wikeeboy Wrote:

Sent by iPad

Thanks for the reply.

In my opinion, the best thing would be to have two SDcard, one with the setting for each pair of speaker. When you swap speakers you also swap the SDCard and this way the Dev is always configured properly for the pair you have connected to it.

Jean-Marie

I second this suggestion.  As SAM will be on by default you don't want to forget and damage your other pair of speakers.
Same like Jean-Marie >> 2 SDCards

Sent by iPad
Thanks for all of the replies!

The problem i have is my Devialet is tucked away in my rack and it is very hard to easily/quickly swap SD cards (especially with big fat fingers like i have!).

I'm not holding my breath but i am really hoping that new software will bring the following features:
- Configurator modified live from the Devialet app (no need to use sd card)
- All controls (tone, SAM, etc) usable via the app, not just the remote.

As for using 2 separate sd cards/configurations, the only difference is the SAM profile. So long as i ensure SAM is 'off' when using my other speakers there should be no difference? Or am i missing something?
Making sure SAM is off is all you need to do.
Thanks Dr Tone. So i'll just have to hit SAM off every time the unit turns on.