Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brendan's System
Hi,
New convert to Devialet here....
I'm a long term Naim user with a Dac/555PS/NAC252/SCDR/NAP300 system that's now been sold.

I have a Devialet 120.

Source is a 2011 Mac Mini Server (16GB RAM, 250GB SSD HD1 for the OS and 500GB HD2 for the music)
OS X 10.9.5
Audirvana 2.0 system optimsed for AV, using iTunes in integrated mode for file browsing only.
Output - Optical via Wireworld Supernova 6 TosMini-Tos)

There is also a Rega Planet CD player.

Speakers currently are Naim Ovator S400 with Naim speaker cable and sitting on granite isolation blocks.

Will be looking for better matched speakers for the 120.

Based in SE London, UK
Devialet 250 FW 9.0.1 SOLD
Replaced with Naim NSC222 and NAP250 NC

Atohm GT SE1, REL stereo Subwoofers. Atacama stands filled with atabites. Granite speaker stand plinths. Mogami speaker cables, Music Works heavy duty power cable.
Quadraspire 'toilet seat' acrylic rack
Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1
- Qobuz/Audirvana Studio/ Audirvana app on iPad (Via Mac mini)
2. Vertere DG-1 with Magneto upgraded to fine line stylus

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new D120. It would be great if you can share some photos of your system.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
Welcome!

It's really well worth checking out the speakers that already have SAM implemented. See here: http://en.devialet.com/speakers

Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
Welcome Brendon!

D120 owner here myself (also SE London). I have a pair of PMC Twenty.23's and can report, with SAM enabled, they sound fantastic!

Although tempted to upgrade to their bigger brother the Twenty.26.

Stuart.
Thanks Stuart,
I'll look at those.
Pics will follow when I get the system properly set up
Brendan

Atohm GT SE1, REL stereo Subwoofers. Atacama stands filled with atabites. Granite speaker stand plinths. Mogami speaker cables, Music Works heavy duty power cable.
Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1

Hi Brendan, 

just a suggestion - you might find it interesting to try one of your Naim Powerlines on the 120 before you finally part with them.  I tried one on my 200 and it did make a positive difference noticeably cleaning up the sound.  The downside is that the Powerline IEC connector won't fit under the Devialet rear cover so you have to leave it off which may or may not be an issue for you...

I actually heard a bigger difference when using the Powerline on my NDX but I guess that's irrelevant to you as you don't have one ;

Anyway, if you do try it I would be interested to hear your conclusions.

Philip
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
Hi Philip,
I have a Music Works high end shielded fat mains cable (cant remember which) that fits the Devialet, so I've just used that. No harm in it since I have it. I didnt want to try the PL as I know they dont fit!
regards
Brendan

Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1

(01-Feb-2015, 15:46)DelaneyB Wrote: Hi Philip,
I have a Music Works high end shielded fat mains cable (cant remember which) that fits the Devialet, so I've just used that. No harm in it since I have it. I didnt want to try the PL as I know they dont fit!
regards
Brendan
By coincidence the only mains cables that I tied with my 200 were the MusicWorks Revive Lite and the Powerline - the latter was 'better' Wink but I don't keep it because it didn't fit...
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
Upgraded:
Devialet 250
Atohm GT1 SE
Atacama HMS1.1 stands
QED XT40 cable
Now using Mac mini with USB (until streaming fixed on OSX).

Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1

(13-Feb-2015, 09:37)DelaneyB Wrote: Upgraded:
Devialet 250
Atohm GT1 SE
Atacama HMS1.1 stands
QED XT40 cable
Now using Mac mini with USB (until streaming fixed on  OSX).

Congratulations on your upgrade!  How do you find the jump from the 120 to 250?