Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unofficial remote control application for Expert
(12-Jan-2021, 12:45)gnulabis Wrote:
(12-Jan-2021, 10:23)garyUK Wrote: @gnulabis, what exactly would you want in a wireshark capture?

I haven't tried your app on my MacBook pro yet but I have tried the official android app. Although the app says it may not work properly because of the later version of android on my phone it all seemed OK e.g. it showed all of my inputs (with correct names) and I could switch between them, change volume etc.

Let me know what you'd like in the capture.

Thanks.

If you know how to use wireshark, you can start a capture with your Devialet switched on, let it capture for 5-10seconds and then try to mute/unmute, change a couple of channels and adjust the volume a bit using the official application. Then just save the capture and I'll have a look. The only important thing is that once you start doing the various operations, you write down what you did (and in what order) so that I can make sense of the various captured packets.

Many thanks!

Ah sorry, forgot. Unless you run wireshark on the device that is running the remote control application (difficult, I had to install tcpdump on my android phone and connect it over USB to my PC), you will not capture the commands. If you cannot do that, then simply do a few seconds of a capture with the Devialet switched on and send me that. I will already be able to see what the UDP status packet sent by Devialet looks like in your case.
Devialet Expert 200 | Linn Sondek LP12 | KEF LS50 + KC62

Messages In This Thread
RE: Unofficial remote control application for Expert - by gnulabis - 12-Jan-2021, 12:47